49.

Elijah POV

After that blowout Jaelynn went upstairs still pissed at me. She ended up sleeping in zahrie's room. I wanted to give her a little space to calm down. Not minding sleeping alone so she can get a piece of mind.

Laying here wishing she was here. I don't feel like we solved anything.

So my plan worked but at what cost?

So my plan worked but at what cost?. She's pissed at me. She won't even lay next to me so we can try and talk this out. Knew I should've killed Alexis when I had the chance.

Sex won't help this situation at all. That would be my usual solution. Actually sex is what got us into this mess. I have to figure out a way to fix this. Don't want Jaelynn too stressed out while she's pregnant.

Hearing zahrie room door open and shut I jumped out of bed. Jaelynn and I had a staring match with nothing said. She walked past me and went down the stairs to the kitchen. Following right behind her she didn't bother to turn around.

"Jaelynn come on. I can apologize until I'm blue in the face. But it won't change anything" she side eyed me and continued to do what she was doing.

"So now you're just going to give me the silent treatment?. Rather than being an adult and working out our problems".

"You know what... I'm not the one with the problem it's you. You decided to do what you did not me. And then keep it a secret as well. I don't want to talk to someone like that. Where's the Elijah I met?".

"You can't be serious, right?. I've been here this whole time. I haven't changed one bit since we been together. I can't say the same for you though".

"Me?. Yeah okay" she fanned me away.

"I'm dead serious jaelynn. When I first met you I looked at you like a breath of fresh air. You didn't have baggage with you. You were head strong. And then this side of you comes out where you want to fight anything that walks".

"It wouldn't have came out if your little thots didn't come around starting shit. But what did I expect from a rapper right?. It's what you guys do" she laughed a little.

"I just would love to know why do you feel the need to always use your hands instead of talking things out?" I asked.

She took a deep breath "this is stupid I'm going back to sleep" she walked past me again but I grabbed her arm. "Can you let me go, please?".

I shook my head "Nah I can't do that. You are 25 years old it's time to man up and talk out your feelings. All you do is bottle up everything and then shit happens you want to fight to release all that anger. It's not healthy".

"What you're a psychologist now?" She joked.

"No but I'm telling you what I see everyday. What if when zahrie is older and you snap at someone and she witnesses you going crazy. Then what?".

"If your assuming I'll be crazy infront of my child I wouldn't be. I know my boundaries. I may be impulsive but I know when I shouldn't do something".

Still holding onto her... she rolled her eyes and just stared at me.

"Can you come to bed with me at least?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"No, Elijah! I'm still mad at you for all of this. I just got back to work and got my life back in order. There you go just shaking it up again".

"I'm sorry Okay. I really am. But like I said nothing I can say will change anything". I did the only thing I know that would help. Leaning in and forcing my lips on hers. She fought me back though pushing me away.

"If you think you can kiss or fuck your way out of this you got another thing coming" she hissed. "You know Alexis is crazy and I think your more crazy than she is to actually be with her. She won't let you go and I don't think I can fight with someone like that. It's draining. She will always be around trying to rip us apart".

"What are you saying?" Starting to panic.

"Until you figure out what you should do with alexis to make sure she doesn't bother us anymore maybe we should take a break from each other".

"Hell no! I'm not doing that. No break over here. There's no need for a break. I will handle Alexis on my own time".

"You can threaten her or whatever it won't stop her crazy ass from trying to break us up. I'm tired of it!".

"Neither of us is taking a break. We have children to worry about now. I'm not letting you walk out of this front door with zahrie. I refuse! You can stay here and I'll even leave you alone for a while so you can calm down".

"It's like winning a losing battle. I'll never win you completely when Alexis is always intervening herself in our relationship".

"You won me already. You have my children and I chose you". I'll be damn if she was going to break up with me. "Please... please... I beg you please just stay here with me and we will try to work this out. And I'll handle Alexis. I promise you okay. I love you with everything you gave me the greatest gift and she's upstairs".

She looked at me and walked back upstairs. I stood there and thought I almost lost my family for my own selfish needs.