33.

***You know when the day will end up bad. That was me today. Got locked out for three hours and then I️ ate fish and boom I️ broke out in hives... aye this day needs to end!

Elijah POV

After that fight I️ felt so guilty for taking out my bad mood on Jaelynn. Yes, I️ was worried about her image after that Grammy fight but she doesn't seem to get it. Not all news is good news. She's been avoiding me ever since and it makes me feel even more horrible.

Tonight is her baby shower and I'm excited. Everyone is going to be there celebrating with us. I️ wanted to surprise her but Jaelynn insisted she didn't want to end up going into labor early. Whatever that means.

Looking at the clock and noticing it's 2 and she still ain't home. I️ been in this bed waiting for her to come back home so I️ could apologize. The only way I️ can ever get ahold of Jaelynn is FaceTime. Scrolling through my contacts I️ pressed her name.

My FaceTime rang for a little bit longer than usual. Finally she answers....

"Can I️ help you?" She said with straight attitude

"Can I️ help you?" She said with straight attitude. Here we go.

"What you doing?" I️ asked.

"What does it look like?" She sarcastically answered back.

"Are you still upset about the other night? Come on baby" she needs to let it go already with this attitude it's just making shit worse.

"What the hell you mean if I'm still upset? Do you understand that you wasted a whole bag of candy?!" She asked.

I️ rolled my eyes at her cause she was acting ridiculous.

"No of course you don't. Elijah get off my phone with the bullshit. Today is my day and your just going to ruin it. I️ want to be calm for my shower tonight. And why aren't you dressed?".

Looking confused at her for a second

Looking confused at her for a second. But then I️ looked at myself "What you mean? I️ am dressed. My black tee and jeans. You know I️ always wear a black tee or no shirt at all" I️ winked at her.

"Boy, bye" she hung up the FaceTime. She was being all types of rude today. But she's right it's her day so I️ won't push her to move on from our current issue.

About two hours later she walks in looking beautiful. That pregnancy glow was real today. "Hey baby. You look pretty" I️ smiled.

"Well thank you. I️ don't have much time so I'm going to get dressed, nimble on something and then we leave". I️ nodded and just watched her try and waddle fast but it wasn't working.

"Need help?" I️ asked. She side eyed me and rolled her eyes. "No I don't need your help". Raising my hands "Okay I'm just asking".

She disappeared upstairs for a while. I️ kept hearing her moving stuff around so I️ knew she was okay. About 30 mins are came down the stairs looking breath taking. Now this is the Jaelynn I️ know.

"Alright lets go..." she grabbed a banana and walked out to the car. I️ walked behind her just admiring her back side. "Keep your eyes off my ass" she said.

//

At the shower everyone was pretty much walking in and greeting Jaelynn. I️ was sipping on some henny in the corner just eyeing who was in the room. One thing about me I'm very observant. Renzo came up to me "so she's still upset?".

I️ nodded "Yup and the crazy thing is she's more upset I️ wasted the bag of candy".

He laughed "she's not thinking clearly. But this shower is nice".

"Thanks. Trying to make the pregnant woman happy you know the one whose still mad at me". Turning my attention to Jaelynn who was talking to her mom and some older guy. Hold up? Is that her dad?. Making my way over to her I️ hugged her waist and brought her closer to me.

"Elijah nice to see you again" her mother smiled. I️ nodded "you too. Everything okay?" I️ asked jaelynn. She looked a little uncomfortable "yeah I'm fine" she eyed the man quickly and looked back at me.

"And you are?" I️ asked the strange man.

"This is Jaelynn's dad. Remember the one who was locked up" her mom said.

"Oh yeah the child rapist. Why is he here? We sent you an invitation not him" I️ said.

"That's her father he has every right to be here along with me!" She said.

Laughing a little because this woman is my girlfriends mother and I️ should respect her. But she just disrespected Jaelynn in the worst way possible. "I'm going to ask you nicely if you can escort him out of this event".

She looked at me and Jaelynn both in disbelief. I️ looked at her right back and waited "so... do I️ need to get security to do for you?" I️ asked.

"Jaelynn your going to let him talk to us like that" her mom asked.

She didn't say anything. She just stood there.

"I'm speaking for your daughter. And if you can't see by bringing this child rapist to her baby shower it's making her extremely uncomfortable then something is wrong with you. Leave!".

Now I'm irritated.

Her mother looked at everyone who was slowly starting to notice some commotion was going on. "Come on let's go. I️ can't believe you would do this to your own mother Jaelynn. I'm so hurt by this".

"Correction it's not Jaelynn it's me her boyfriend. Father of your grandchild. I'm protecting her and my child from predators like yourself. So help me god if my daughter went through what Jaelynn did... he wouldn't be standing here. Real talk. Now get the hell out of my sight and party now!"I️ yelled.

Her mother and child rapist father hurried out of the event without looking back. Looking at Jaelynn who looked relieved. "Thank you" she whispered.

I️ nodded "its your night. I️ won't let anyone ruin it for you. No one".

"Can't believe she thought it was okay to bring him here" she said.

"Some people are better off being left alone. I️ know she's your mom but it's obvious she doesn't have your best interest. She rather be with that child rapist".

Jaelynn didn't say anything. She walked off to talk to some other people to get her mind off what just happened.