6.

Elijah POV

I knew once I technically publicly apologized to Jaelynn she would forgive me. Ever since then we've been on speaking terms again. We was still in Houston for an extra day so I wanted to take Jaelynn out on a date.

Knowing where she would be at I made my way down to the lobby. And there she was sitting in the lobby facetiming someone. I came up from behind her and just stood there.

"Jaelynn honey who is that man behind you?" She turned around and jumped. "You idiot you scared me!" She laughed.

"Didn't mean too, are you busy?" Looking at the person on her phone.

"Ma, I'll speak to you later" she turned off her FaceTime and looked my way "I was talking to my mom but what's up?".

"Hungry?" I asked. She nodded and walked with me to the nearest restaurant. Cracker Barrel was the only place that was near walking distance.

"I've never been here but I always see the commercials" she said. I opened the door letting her walk in first.

"Table for two please" the waitress smiled and escorted us to our table.

"Have you been here before?" She asked as she was flipping through the menu.

"Yeah but a while ago. The food here is pretty good" I glanced at her as she looked so confused.

"Oh they have pancakes. I think I'm going to do the pancakes with a side of bacon" she looked up from her menu proud that she knew what she wanted.

"The syrup here is so good. You'll see what I'm talking about".

After telling the waitress what we wanted we sat there just admiring the decor of the place.

"So how do you like Houston so far?" I asked.

She shrugged "not as impressive as I thought it would be. Drake makes it seem like it's the best place to be".

"That's because he goes to the strip clubs down here" I laughed.

"Figures he would" the waitress brought our drinks to the table. Jaelynn orders a hot chocolate with whip cream she seemed so happy.

"Food makes you happy doesn't it?" I asked.

"Aren't we so attentive?" She sarcastically said. The way she was licking the whip cream off the straw was driving me insane.

"So tell me Jaelynn what's the craziest thing you've done?". Knowing how modest she is... I can't imagine her doing anything crazy.

"Like what? Recently or past?. Boy be specific" she playfully said.

"Doesn't matter. Just something crazy you've done"  sitting there waiting to here what she can come up with.

"Don't judge me" she pointed her finger at me.

"I'm all ears. Go ahead" she took a more taste of her whip cream before starting her story.

"Well... when I was 16 I was secretly sleeping with the coach of the football team at my school. He was also my teacher as well. It went on for 2 years but eventually we called it quits before I graduated".

I was speechless. This woman in front of me actually was a bad girl at one time. "Really?. How?". Now I was even more curious.

"I thought I was the shit and figured I could do anything I wanted. It was an experience.. a very unhealthy experience but you live and learn" she took another sip of her hot chocolate.

All I could is stare.

"What?. See I shouldn't have told you that story". It wasn't even the story that got me speechless. It's the way she's licking that whip cream.

"What did you learn from that experience" I asked.

"I'm happy I learned from early on how difficult men are. It saved me a lot from potential toxic relationships".

Would you think if we got together our relationship would be toxic?".

"No, I don't think so. Because if you got out of hand I wouldn't hesitate to put these paws on you".

"Feisty. I like my women feisty" I smirked.

"So what are you saying?" She asked me.

"I'm saying we should give this a chance. I know I'm not the best person when it comes to relationships but I'm willing to try for you. And if it doesn't work out then we go our separate ways".

She sat there contemplating. Hopefully she'll agree with me.

"So is this a date?" She smiled.

"It could be if you agree to giving us a chance". She nodded and licked her straw again.

"But no social media just yet. Let's see how long we can go before we announce it to your fans. Don't need no hoes coming after me" she warned.

"Totally understand. No problem. Baby" I intertwined my hand with hers and held it there. This felt right.

We finished eating and I offered to pay. Luckily, she didn't argue with me about that. Walking back to the hotel our hands were stuck together like glue.

"Thanks for the date" she turned to me smiling.

"You're welcome" I leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips which she didn't fight.