31.

Elijah POV

Man I've been busy with trying to put this new album together. You know when an album sounds good... well this is it. Couldn't wait to put this long awaited project out.

After that crazy day when Jaelynn went off on Damian I haven't heard from him since. Jaelynn even left his shit outside and he never came to get them. With Jaelynn being who she is... she gave him a week to remove his stuff. But of course since that didn't happen she took it upon herself to donate his things to the Salvation Army.

Renzo on the other hand I told him he really needed to lay off the weed for a bit. After explaining what went down he was promised me that he would take a small break from it.

"Yo Elijah your phone is going off" Renzo said. Reaching for my phone I see it's FaceTime.

"Did you hear the Grammy nominations?!" Jaelynn excitingly asked me

"No why?" I asked.

"Are you serious you haven't heard? And no one from your camp hasn't contacted you?" She asked.

"No, why? And where are you? Cause I know you ain't at work?".

"Nosey... I'm meeting a client for the first time so I figured why not meet at a restaurant cause I'm hungry as hell" she laughed.

"You would... Anyway what's up?" I asked.

"Oh okay so I had the radio on before and I heard that you are nominated for that song... damn I forgot the name already".

"Do me like dat?" I asked.

"Yeah... that's it!. You are nominated for a damn Grammy do you know what this means?!" She asked.

"What?" Playing dumb.

"You in the big leads! With the big dawgs. You'll get more respect with that Grammy nominated or Grammy winner title above your name".

"Really?" Sarcastically asking.

"You know what I'm happy for you and you sitting there acting stupid. I'm too hungry to even be bothered with it today" she hung up the FaceTime. I'll get her later when she comes home.

//

The Grammys were tonight and Jaelynn was beside herself. She got me the best clothes to wear and made sure I cleaned up good. Trying to make her man look fresh as hell.

"Elijah do not get dirty! I swear to... if you get dirty I'm done with you tonight" she warned.

"Baby relax! Breathe... it's only the Grammys" she mean mugged me and put on her earrings.

"Let's see if you'll be saying that when you actually win and you have to go up stage and make a speech". This whole award thing didn't phase me. I'm happy and grateful I was nominated but if I win I win. If not then life goes on.