55.

Elijah POV

I'm happy Jaelynn has been getting better emotionally. I haven't told her about Alexis only because that name alone brings up the miscarriage. Renzo has been keeping me updated though on her case.

Walking down the stairs and into the kitchen I see Jaelynn throwing down as usual. "Have you seen my headphones? I ask.

"Yeah it was here before... I put it over on the counter up top so zahrie doesn't get brave and touch it".

I nodded "good thinking baby". She smiled and that's when we both heard the door. She looked at me "expecting anyone?".

Shaking my head "nope, you?" She shook her head but made her way to the door. "Who is it?".

"It's detective Silva" Jaelynn raised her brow at me and mouthed "what the fuck did you do!".

Putting up my hands in defense "I didn't do anything. Just open the door". She rolled her eyes and opened the door "can I help you?".

"Yes, I'm here looking for Elijah James". Jaelynn looked at me "he's right here. Can someone tell me what's this about?".

"We just want to ask him questions pertaining to the murder of Alexis Jones" the detective said.

"Alexis? Murdered? When?" Jaelynn asked.

"Baby, let me just answer these questions. Go upstairs okay" I said.

"No, I need you both actually. So if you both don't mind" Jaelynn and I eyed each other and invited him inside. We all took a seat in the living room while Renzo watched zahrie.

"Well as you now know Alexis Jones was murdered last week. So we are just doing standard questioning with the people who saw her last. And from what I was told she attended your birthday party, right?".

Jaelynn nodded "she wasn't invited. But she showed up anyway".

"Sounds like some hostility in your voice" Jaelynn raised her brow. "Listen detective that woman was crazy. She targeted me and got her ass whooped many times. Until she caused me to have a miscarriage".

The detective seemed a little awkward hearing what Jaelynn had to say. "And to make sure you know that I didn't do anything to her. I was in the hospital the night she died".

The detective nodded "I'm sorry for your loss. But as standard protocol I have to question you both on the last time you seen her".

Jaelynn looked at me "Well... who's going first?". Sighing "I saw her at her party. I don't know how she got inside but she did. Wanting her leave but she stayed and just riled up Jaelynn. Which ended up in a fight".

"Jaelynn you seem to have some animosity towards Alexis?" The detective asked.

"I wouldn't call it that. Just she gets on my nerves. The girl couldn't get a clue".

"So what happened after the fight?". Looking at Jaelynn I knew she wouldn't want to talk about it.

"Well she passed out and I rushed her to the hospital. As for Alexis I couldn't answer that one for you cause I wasn't there".

The detective nodded "well thank you both. And I'm sorry once again" he got up and walked out. Closing the door behind him Jaelynn just stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me about Alexis?".

"I don't know. I didn't want to bring on anymore stress that you already had going on".

"She's dead?" She asked.

I nodded "I don't know who got to her before I could for what happened. I'm still trying to figure that out".

"Wow! I would never wish death on anyone. I'm in shock about this. You don't think it was Damian.."

Shaking my head "nah, why would he kill her when they could be plotting together to harm us?".

"True. It had to be someone from the party since that's where she was last. That's too many people to rule out one by one".

"Don't worry about it. Let the cops do their job and find out who did this. In the meantime I think we should go on a trip. All of us just to get away from the craziness going on here".

Jaelynn smiled "I'm down for that. But where?".

"How about the Bahamas? Zahrie will love the sand and water. And we can just chill".

"I'm down when do we leave?" She asked.

"We can leave as soon as tomorrow morning" Jaelynn smiled and skipped upstairs "I'm going to go pack".

Shaking my head "here we go". I think we all needed this trip. Even Renzo is coming with us. Maybe I should invite her friend Jillian as well. So you know Jaelynn has someone to hang with too. I'll get on that right now.

(Short update) but today so far I dealt with simple minded people. It's too early for it.