43.

Disclaimer: my iPhone updated so when I type "I️" it shows a box even in text messages as well. So I️ can't help that. It's annoying I️ know.

Elijah POV

A month later

Jaelynn had an emergency meeting with one of her clientele. Even though she wasn't to do anything work related until zahrie was three months. But the client offered to pay her more just for coming to meet with her.

So it's just me and zahrie today. Since Jaelynn needed some hair products we went to the local pharmacy to see what they have. Walking to the store along with pushing a stroller. Never in my life did I️ see this for myself. Zahrie was there just making noise.

Finally reaching the isle with the hair vitamins she wanted I️ picked up three or maybe I️ should pick up another one. Hmm..

Nah she has enough

Nah she has enough. I️ don't see why she needs this anyway when she wears wigs half the time. The things women do I️ will never understand.  "Zahrie when you get older don't be difficult and crazy like mommy".

Looking at her briefly she was smiling so much. She's definitely happy to be with daddy today "who's the pretty baby?". Smiling when I️ saw her all happy.

(Listen I️ tried looking for that same baby but it wasn't happening

(Listen I️ tried looking for that same baby but it wasn't happening. We just going to pretend she came into her looks)

Well we got everything we needed I️ started pushing the stroller when someone blocked me from moving. "Oh my goodness is that my granddaughter?" Jaelynn Mom asked.

"Excuse me? We have to go if you would move out of my way" I️ asked nicely. I️ wasn't in the mood to get into it with anyone today. All I️ wanted to do is shop for what Jaelynn and I️ needed and go home.

"Why won't you let me see my grandchild?" She yelled.

"Look next to you. That man is a child rapist. Why do you think I️ won't let you near my daughter? Are you crazy?. Now if you don't move I'm going to run over your foot with this stroller" I️ threatened.

"That's bullshit. You're controlling Jaelynn to disrespect me. She was never like that before" her mother said.

I️ laughed "me controlling? No never. You're daughter has a mind of her own. If she doesn't want you around then she doesn't. That has nothing to do with me".

Her father aka the child rapist was trying to calm her down due to people looking at us. "Get off of me! I'm a grandma and I️ can't even see my grandchild!" She screamed.

Looking around at the people staring I️ shook my head. That's when zahrie started crying. Now I'm pissed. "Listen Miss child rapist your upsetting my daughter so can you move your big self out the way".

She didn't budge "not until I️ see her". I️ wasn't in the mood for this. Just then security came up to us "what's going on here?".

"This crazy lady is harassing me. I️ came here to buy stuff for my girlfriend and she comes out of nowhere screaming at me. I️ don't even know who she is" I️ lied.

"You bastard I'm this child's grandmother and they're keeping her from me!" She screamed.

"Ma'am no need to scream. Sir? Do you know this woman?" He asked me.

I️ shook my head "Nope, I️ don't know her. Now if I️ can pay for my stuff and get out of here. My daughter is fussy".

The security officer looked at both of us "ma'am I️ need you to get off the premises please".

"What?! How dare you? This isn't over Elijah!" She yelled once again. She stormed out of the store almost breaking the door off the hinges.

"Sir? You're clear to go pay for your things" the security said.

"Thanks man" I️ pushes the stroller to the cash register and kneeled down to see zahrie who was clearly upset "it's okay princess. That mean lady is gone". She sniffles and stopped crying.

After that crazy adventure to the store we got home to see jaelynn there cooking. "Hey you will never believe what just happened".

"What?" She asked.

"Your Mom was at the store causing a scene making zahrie upset because I️ wouldn't let her see her grandchild". Jaelynn dropped the fork "the fuck? Is wrong with that woman. I️ can't stand her".

"Yeah security has to tell her to leave cause everyone was looking at us. She was screaming like a crazy person".

"I'm sorry that happened" she rubbed my head and laid her head on my chest. "How was zahrie behaving? Cause when she's with you she's an angel".

"She was perfectly happy and smiling until your mom came and started her shit. Zahrie is protective of her daddy though" Jaelynn rolled her eyes and continued to stir the pot.

"How was your client?" I️ asked.

"Oh she needed help for an event she was going to tonight. Apparently it was a last minute thing. But I️ made bank today" she smiled. "But I️ got tired too quickly so I️ know I'm not ready to fully go back to work".

"Well when your ready you'll know it" staring at Jaelynn it's like everyday she gets prettier and prettier.

She turned to me and caught me staring "What?".

"I think I️ have baby fever again. Wouldn't mind having another baby in the house".

"You better call your cousins who got kids or something cause this shop is closed until further notice. Are you crazy though? I just had zahrie two months ago and you sitting here wanting another baby. Boy, if you don't get out of my face with that shit".

"I'm not saying Right this minute but soon. We can have a boy running through here causing mayhem" just to thought of having two kids made me smile.

"I️ get enough mayhem from you and soon from zahrie. I'm good. Go hold your daughter maybe the fever will go away" she joked.

Little does she know... I️ was dead serious.