18.

Elijah's POV

"I'm here to see Alexis" the guard looked at me but didn't budge.

"Excuse me, sir?. Are you related to the patient?" The nurse asked.

"Not Really, But she's a really good friend of mine" I lied.

"Well before I let you in please be advised she's suffering from temporary amnesia".

I nodded.

The guard moved out of the way letting me inside. Alexis sat up in her bed with a huge smile on her face. "Elijah baby you came to see me! Come here" she opened her arms hoping for a hug.

"Umm I'm good. How are you?" I asked.

"My head hurts and my mind is a little foggy but I'm good. And you look so good" she bit her lip.

How temporary is this amnesia?

"You know I was hoping you would stop by. We missed you".

"We?" Now she got me confused.

"The baby silly!" She rubbed her belly.

Oh boy! This isn't good. Why couldn't this guy finish her off.

The nurse came inside to check her vitals. After she was done I pulled her to side.

"I was wondering how does this amnesia work?" I asked.

"Well because she has temporary amnesia her memory will only stem from maybe two years ago. In order for her memory to fully come back something will have to trigger it".

"This isn't good at all" I turned to see Alexis ogling me.

"I'm sorry sir?" The nurse seemed confused.

"We used to date two years ago. And she was also pregnant before terminating the pregnancy without me knowing. Now she thinks she's pregnant and we are still together. I can't have her thinking this. I have a pregnant girlfriend who... Well... she probably won't believe this".

"With Alexis we all have to take it day by day" she said and walked out the room.

"I can't wait to leave here and be with you Elijah" she blushed.

"Alexis listen... when you come out of here you aren't coming home with me". She looked down as if she did something wrong.

"What do you mean?".

"Meaning you are going to your own place where someone is there to help you until you fully recover".

"Then I come back home with you, right?".

I shook my head "no".

"I'm confused" she admitted.

"It's a long story but in due time I'll explain it to you when you can understand, Okay?".

She nodded.

Standing up "have a good day Okay. And don't stress yourself out too much" I walked out the room. I should feel guilt but I don't. She jeopardized my relationship. I warned her about opening her big mouth but she couldn't control herself.

Once I got home I went straight to the studio. Jaelynn wasn't here she was working. And I remember her telling me she's booked for the whole day.

"Yo man where the hell were you at?" My boy took a seat next to me.