Chapter 6: Keep Calm

Start from the beginning

"You would think MJ was in here the way the paparazzi are at the door." A deep familiar voice said from behind me. I smirked and turned around seeing Trevante adorning a smile on his face. He had on an all olive green outfit and all white shoes.

"Trust me it's much worse than this when we're all together

"Trust me it's much worse than this when we're all together." I smiled back. "I can believe it." He chuckled. "Who's this cutie hiding behind your leg?" He kneeled smiling at North who had taken refuge behind my leg looking up at the new stranger.

"Trevante this is North, my little sister. North this is Trevante, but you can call him Tre for short." I picked North up so she could meet him but still have the safety of me around her. "Hi." She waved shyly. "Hi baby girl, it's nice to meet you." He smiled widely running his thumb over the back of Norths hand. North giggled softly as Trevante made faces at her.

"So what are you going to wear tomorrow?" Trevante asked still playing with North. "I don't know yet, I know I want to go all black though to match my hat." I answered picking out pleated black pants from their rack.

"So you're literally shaping an outfit around a hat?" He chuckled. I nodded with a small smile. "Come to one of the shows tomorrow to see it." I winked taking the pants and putting them over my other shoulder.

"That's funny because my stylist picked out an all black outfit for me tomorrow. I might have to change it." He said. "Don't change! I wear black too!" North said turning to Trevante. "Well the princess has spoken, we have to take a group picture then." He smiled. I smiled softly at their interactions. "I'm gonna go pay for these and we can go to Saks." I told him, he followed me to the register taking North into his arms. Surprisingly she had no complaints about not being with me.

After paying for my pants Trevante held North and safely put her in her carseat before heading to his car to follow me to Saks. Alexander Wang had a jacket waiting for me and I needed to pick it up to complete my outfit for tomorrow.

//

"Alexander Wang makes clothes specially for you?" Trevante chuckled holding North as we walked through Saks to our destination. "Only when my mom calls him. I'd rather wear sweats but she says I have to look presentable at fashion shows." I chuckled. He nodded.

"Maybe I can get him to give you one too. I'll just have my mom dress North in all black like us." I smiled. "You don't have to do that, I told you my stylist already has clothes for me." He said shyly. I shook my head. "I know I don't but I want to. Plus we can match but not match." I told him. Trevante smiled showing his pearly white teeth and nodded.

"Okay." He answered. North was dosing off on his shoulder so he rocked her slowly and steady to coax her to sleep.

We reached our destination and I asked Trevante his measurements before I met with Alexander. He sat with North as Alexander quickly gave me my jacket but I also asked for a jacket for Trevante.

"He your boyfriend?" He rose his eyebrow with a smirk. "No, just a friend." I blushed shaking my head. "Mhm. Whatever you say, I'll see what I have in the back." He nodded going to the back of his store. I sat beside Trevante rubbing North's back as she slept peacefully.

"Noel." Alexander said making my head snap towards him. "Here you are." He smiled softly at the scene he just witnessed. I nodded smiling gratefully. "Thank you." I hugged him and taking both garment bags. "Tell your parents I said hello. Keep him too, he's good with kids." He whispered the last part before letting me go. "Definitely." I chuckled.

I turned towards Tre and motioned that we could go.

After he sat North in her car seat, Trevante turned towards me. "Thank you for this. You didn't have to let me come let alone get me a jacket from Alexander Wang." He blushed looking down. "Don't worry about it. Just make sure you match my fly tomorrow." I joked touching his bicep softly. He looked surprised I actually initiated contact with him.

"I won't let you down." He smiled pulling me into a hug and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow." He said softly. I nodded. "Tomorrow." I repeated stepping away from him and heading home after watching him pull off first.

//