Chapter 5: Keep Calm

Start from the beginning

//

"Honestly I don't care Jaden. You can't just assume something just because you saw pictures." Noel told Jaden over FaceTime the next day. "I know I just saw the pictures and just assumed." He said. "But you have no right to be mad even if what you assumed was right! Just because you told me what you did doesn't automatically make me yours!" Noel interrupted him. "I know that Noel!" He yelled the frustration showing on his face. "Apparently no you don't!" I yelled right back. I was stopped from saying anything else by a knock on my door.

"I'll talk to you later." I sighed and hanging up before he could respond. "Come in!" I yelled as I pulled on a tank top and searching for my jacket that matched my sweats. Today was a studio day for me while my parents went to meetings and my aunts took the kids.

Justine opened the door and closed it quickly behind her

Justine opened the door and closed it quickly behind her. She grabbed my arm and pulled me in the bathroom, locking the door. "What th-" She slapped her hand over my mouth and putting a finger up to hers to signal me to be quiet. After about a minute she moved her hand and visibly relaxed.

"What was that for?" I asked. "Kendall and Kylie are eavesdropping so I had to make sure they got bored and left." She answered. "Eavesdropping for what?" I rose my eyebrow. "Kendall asked me what we were talking about yesterday and Kylie is suspicious you're hiding something." She explained. "Did you...you know?" I led wanting her to catch on just in case they had come into my room. "No, I deflected it so you're good." She answered. I sighed in relief. "Good."

"But there is one thing." She said. "Which is?" "Do you still talk to Ryan?" Justine asked. "Sometimes. Whenever we're in the same place we hang out, why?" I leaned against the bathroom counter. "They think you're back talking to her. You know in a romantic way so if you could play that up I think you'd be good." She explained. I nodded.

"Thank you, for not telling. I really appreciate this Justine." I told her crossing my arms over my chest. She shook her head with a smile. "It's no problem, it's not my place to tell them and I want you to trust me with this. Remember what I said too Noel. If you need someone to talk to I'm here. Always." She opened the door. I nodded with a smile. "I'll hold you to that."

"What are you doing today actually?" I asked. "Nothing special, why?" "Want to go to the studio with me. We could work on some tracks." I proposed. "Sure." She smiled. "We'll leave after breakfast." I smiled back at her. She nodded and exited my room soon after.

//

"So who was the guy you were with yesterday?" I asked leaning back in the producer chair. It was just me and Justine in the studio. She sat on the couch across from me. We really were winging it today, I had no set songs to record so I was really focusing on her today maybe do a feature.

"His names Trevor we've been seeing each other for a few months now." She smiled softly. I nodded messing with and tweaking the flow of the instrumental. "How long have you two been talking?" I followed up. "A few months, we've been friends for years though." She added. "We actually went on tour together when we were younger." She smiled even wider than before just talking about him.

"You seem happy with him. Way better than Wiz." I smiled with her knowing her last relationship was rocky and played out in front of everybody. She nodded. "I have this melody in my head and I can't get it out. I wanna work on a song with you and your voice fits exactly with it." I explained grabbing my phone and typing lyrics so I wouldn't forget them.

"Wait? You wanna collab?" She smiled brightly. I nodded with a warm smile. "Definitely, my uncle says your work ethic and studio efficiency is very good. So if you want we can finish a lot of stuff today." I explained. She squealed happily grabbing the other chair and sitting in it. "Let me record some back tracks then we can start." I said.

/