Chapter 9

I was so high I did not recognize

The fire burning in her eyes

The chaos that controlled my mind

Whispered goodbye and she got on a plane

Never to return again

But always in my heart

This love has taken its toll on me

She said Goodbye too many times before

And her heart is breaking in front of me

I have no choice cause I won't say goodbye anymore

***

Chapter 9

--Elspeth--

I looked between Riven and Clay wincing at the grip that Riven had on my arm. His hold immediately softened when he saw the look on my face but then scowled when he looked back up at Clay.

Something else was going on here. I mean I don't think Clay would tell Riven about our kiss, so how did he find out? And if that wasn't the reason for his hostility then why was Riven acting so possessive?

Riven flipped his blonde hair out of his eyes, "What are you doing here?" he asked Clay, his eyes narrowed as he waited for a response.

Clay pushed the door open a little wider and I walked in, followed by Riven who still had hold of my arm.

"Well I was just checking out the damage to your sink is all." Clay explained.

My eyes widened. That was his lame excuse for being in my house at this hour? All of a sudden I heard a voice calling out to him from the kitchen. "Clay you better get your butt back here and help me clean this up!" Riki yelled.

I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion. There was something else going on here. I looked over at Riven noticing how he glowered at Clay. Hmm, there was something going on there as well. Riven usually didn't act like this. "Riven you don't have stay here. I have a few choice words to share with my roommate and Clay."

"Elle? Yay, your back!." Riki exclaimed as she skipped from the kitchen. I nearly fell over when she tried to huge me like a crazy person with muscle spasms. 

I frowned, her clothes were all wet and the water soaked through my thin clothes almost immediately. 

"Why are you all wet?" I asked her.

She looked pointedly over at Clay who just innocently whistled as if he hadn't done anything at all. Riki didn't say anything else but just headed back into the kitchen, grumbling on her way. Something told me that Clay had turned on the sink and now there was another mess to be cleaned.

I shivered when Riven travelled his grasp from around my arm to my hand, my attention suddenly travelling over to my boyfriend.

He suddenly looked reluctant about what he had to say and I knew that he had to make an exit. "I'm going to go, I have to get back home to my brother. I love you." Riven said, a small smile upon his handsome face. Yet the smile didn't reach his eyes and I could read the defeat on his face. Maybe he felt like he was loosing me to Clay.

Oh never, Riven is a great guy...

"Okay." I frowned although my stomach was fluttering at the thought of Clay being here, half naked, while my boyfriend was nowhere to be found.