Chapter 20

Chapter 20

--Clay--

I laughed as Micky face planted to the floor. He was definitely drunk. He looked back at me with a goofy expression upon his face and I chuckled. Trixi sighed and put her head in her hands. 

"Get up Micky." Trixi groaned.

Micky laughed at himself as he tried to stand. His legs were working like jelly as he stumbled along to his feet.

After my stressful shopping trip with Hollis, I headed over to Micky's house to relieve some of that stress. Too bad Trixi was here, a strong reminder of my love's boyfriend. That didn't really smooth things over, but one beer later and I was feeling better.

"You definitely aren't driving me home in that state." Trixi scoffed as she crossed her arms over her chest. We were sitting in the living room. Micky and I were goofing around while playing Foosball but we seem to keep getting distracted. Trixi was painting her toenails and Veronica was in the kitchen- as always- scavenging for food.

Yes, Veronica was here. Turns out her and Trixi happen to be good friends. I''ve been having to set Veronica straight this whole night and it's become a bit tiring.

"Clay I'm baking cookies, do you want one?" Veronica asked as she emerged from the kitchen.

"I want one with a side of sprinkles, if you know what I mean." Micky slurred, his eye winking suggestively at Veronica.

She scoffed before turning back around to the kitchen.

Trixi shook her head with a small smile on her face. My attention was drawn to the cross she always wore around her neck. I decided to question her training as Micky tipped his beer bottle and drank while he laid on his coffee table.

"How has your training been going?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "It's a lot of work but it's all worth it in the end."

Micky let out a yelp. "No! They're taking you away from me. You and your stupid training."

Trixi rolled her eyes. "Of course you think it's dumb Micky, you don't know how to commit to anything. But this is who I am."

These two were like oil and water. I still didn't know how they were best friends. I would've never paired them together. Veronica came back out of the kitchen and went to sit next to me on the couch. Trixi was sitting on a nearby armchair which left only one place for Veronica to take her seat. She smirked as she went to sit next to me.

I tipped my beer bottle back, nearly finishing my second. I was going to need it if I wanted to get through this night. "What do you want, Veronica?" I groaned as I looked over at her.

"Be nice Clay." Trixi warned. Her blonde eyebrows were scrunched together in concentration as she tried to keep her hand steady.

Frankly the smell of that nail polish was making me irritable.

"You should listen to her Clay and be nice..." Veronica cooed while she trailed her hand up my arm. The way her nails were scraping my skin gave me chills of both fear and disgust. What did I ever see in her?

"Give it a rest Veronica. He's not interested." Micky added, his voice sounding a bit groggy.

Veronica frowned before she sat back in her seat, her nails no longer sinking into my soft skin. I breathed a sigh of relief. My man Micky, just when you think he's knocked out cold, he's still alert.

I was going to thank Micky before I saw his eyes lazily closed in slumber. Trixi laughed as she heard Micky's snoring from the coffee table. "Do you think we should help him to the bed?" she asked Veronica and I.