Chapter 10

Chapter 10

--Elspeth--

I was in Hell, beautiful, magnificent, glorious, cruel Hell. 

There was Barclay Batson sitting in my kitchen, handing Riven's uncle tools with his bare chest on display. It was extremely distracting. I couldn't even pay attention to Mr. Belluck's explanation about the problems regarding my sick since my eyes were unable to remove themselves from the muscular body sitting before me.

Clay had been here for about two hours and I don't think that I've looked away once. 

I absently-mindedly rubbed Missy as she purred in my arms. It seemed that even she was falling for Clay's advances since they no longer hissed at one another anymore. Maybe it was my hostile behavior towards Clay that brought upon her defensive nature.

"All right, you're all done here..." Mr. Belluck went on to explain the erosion of the pipes or whatever he had called it, but I wasn't paying attention. My mind was somewhere else as I looked at the toned biceps of my neighbor. They bugged out when I made eye contact with the branding on his upper arm. I had almost forgotten about that.

Yet when my eyes travelled up to his face, I wasn't surprised to see him wearing a cocky smirk. I blushed. He must have known that I was checking him out for the last couple of hours. Oh darn him.

"Okay?" Mr. Belluck asked, finally breaking me out of my trance.

I turned to him and gave him a grateful smile. "Oh yeah, I totally understand."

He shook his head of stark blonde hair in amusement and then went to close some of the cabinets that led to the pipes of our sink. Mr. Belluck was an attractive older man that reminded me a lot of Trixi. She took after her father more than she might know. They had the same platinum blonde hair and nearly the same arrangement of freckles across their noses. It was a strange sight. They also shared lean figures which meant that Mr. Belluck was nothing like your stereotypical plumber.

Clay started packing away his tools and Missy mewed in my arms. I let her jump to the ground, surprised when she went to rub her body on the side of Clay's leg. I rolled my hazel eyes. What a traitor!

"Are you sure I don't have to pay for your services, I mean I couldn't thank you enough." I told Mr. Belluck.

He waved me away with his tan hand, "No, it was my pleasure. And Riven was right about you, bright girl you are."

My cheeks turned a darker shade of red and I found myself feeling guilty that I had been staring at a guy who wasn't my boyfriend for the last hour.

"Isn't she?" Clay added with a wink.

I rolled my eyes at him but the definite blush on my cheeks was unmistakable.

Mr. Belluck chuckled as him and Clay tried to clean everything up. Once they were packed and ready to go, Clay once again fully dressed, they had to leave. I walked them to the door, still feeling a bit of guilt in the pit of my stomach. Missy purred as Clay held her in his arms, she was repeatedly rubbing her head on his cotton shirt as if she couldn't get enough.

What was wrong with this kitty?

"Well it was nice meeting you Elspeth, and really, I was glad to help you out." Mr. Belluck explained as we stood at the front door.

I gave him a small smile and reached for Missy. Unfortunately she didn't really want to leave Clay and started screeching like a banshee.

Clay chuckled, "See? All the ladies warm up to me sooner or later. I knew it was only a matter of time." He rubbed his thumb across her small head one more time before he opened the door for Mr. Bellcuk.