Chapter 7 Pt. 1

This chapter is dedicated to BornToWrite4!! You are really amazing with the feedback you give me each chapter, and I really appreciate it. Those things don't go unnoticed!! Thanks again :)

***

Hey, hey, we'll be young forever

We'll be young forever 'til forever stops

We're singing

Hey hey we'll be young forever

Tonight will last forever 'til our bodies drop

We can run through the night

Write our name up in the sky

got the music on our side

Ain't no body gonna catch us singin'

Chapter 7 Pt. 1

--Clay--

I smiled as I took a look at my reflection through the review mirror of my Prius. I had gotten a haircut and shaved the stubble that had started to build on my chin, making me look like my normal self again. It was time to turn things around. My new found job had given me that confidence I had been missing these past couple of weeks. Which meant that I was going to stay sober tonight, or at least try.

 "Are you going to ogle at yourself all night, or are you going to get out of the car?" Micky scoffed as he opened up the passenger door and hoped out.

I scowled and then followed him out, Trixi following close behind from the backseat. Elspeth's car pulled up behind ours, that monster she calls Artie taking up the size of two small cars. I groaned. She looked ridiculous in that thing, and something must be done.

Yet when she hoped out of the car, her small feet making contact with the asphalt in her dark green  ballet flats. My heart stopped in my chest. She definitely looked good tonight.

Her dark hair was blown out but not straightened and fell down her back in light waves. Her bangs were puled away from her forehead and was braided on the side to frame her face. She wore a sleeveless tan dress with a daring neckline that my eyes couldn't stray away from. The floral pattern on her dress surprisingly didn't wash her out since her skin was still pale and hadn't received much sun this summer.

I felt a strong hand on my arm that started pulling me along, "Are you ready to get drunk tonight, buddy?" Micky cheered, his grip on my arm tightening as we started for Josh Farland's house. It was a small ranch style house with a long driveway and yellow shingles covered in green windows. I sighed as I glanced at the freshly watered grass that could be smelled from miles away, the mosquitoes and gnats flying around lawn in swarms.

The house was booming with loud music, people were standing on his porch and around his garage with the front door wide open. I sighed, this was going to be fun wasn't it?

I followed Micky inside, the others coughing behind us as a stoner blew out a large puff of smoke. I smirked, they obviously weren't used to this. Well Elspeth at least.

"I'm gonna go find Josh, alright man?" Micky called out once we reached the inside of the house, his voice barely heard from the large base of the music.

I nodded and then turned around to be faced with Elspeth. Trixi and Riven looked as if they were having a serious conversation which just left me and Arden. I smiled evilly. She looked nervous as she bit her lip hard enough to puncture the skin, with her arms defensively crossed over her chest.