Chapter 5

This is more than a typical kinda thing

Felt the jones in my bones when you were touching me, oh oh

Didn't wanna take it slow

In a daze, going crazed, I can barely think

You're replaying in my brain, find it hard to sleep, oh oh

Waiting for my phone to blow

Now I'm here in a sticky situation

Got a little trouble, yep and now I'm pacin'

Five minutes, ten minutes, now it's been an hour

Don't wanna think too hard, but I'm sour

Chapter 5

--Elspeth--

 After taking a nice long shower in turn of a night of dumpster diving, I headed off to bed for some much needed sleep. Until I heard someone knocking on the door. My nose scrunched up in confusion, maybe Riki was home early? It was still close to ten o'clock and one would think that her date would go on for at least another hour.

I sighed and then walked over to the door from the steaming bathroom, my hair dripping down my back in stringy waves. I opened the door to see Clay on the other side, one side of his face red with the indentation of the carpet on his cheek after having laid on his face for so long.

Yet his brown eyes were burning with white-hot anger as if he wanted to strangle the life from my frail body. I shivered in both fright and another motion I couldn't quite place, but it couldn't be what I thought it was.

"Why was I on the floor when I woke up?" Clay asked, his voice matching the hostility in his dark eyes as he welcomed himself into my apartment. I closed the door behind him and then walked over to Clay who was leaning against the wall of the living room.

"You finished your flask on the way home and then blacked out while we were walking into the building, and of course I can't carry you up four flights of stairs, so I left you there for your friends, but it seemed that you woke up before they returned." I explained while giving him the once-over.

He scoffed and then looked at my hair for split second before softly breathing in my scent. It was then that I realized how close we were standing, our arms that were crossed over our chest were a centimeter away from touching and I could feel the heat of his masculine body from where I was standing. I groaned when a wet strand of dark hair fell across my fair forehead.

Clay smiled, "You smell like honeysuckle... again." He leaned in close, his nose almost nuzzling my own and then reached up to brush that piece of dark hair away from my face. Those fingers traced my cheek and cupped my chin with an intimacy I couldn't even begin to fathom. 

His brown eyes flickered up to my amber orbs and I shivered when his breath fanned over my face and chest as my heart began to flutter. My cheeks turned a bright cherry and my breath shuddered in anticipation.

Slam!

I jumped about ten feet in the air, my body pulling away from Clay faster than you could say-

"I'm so happy! Yeah, yeah, yeah!" I heard Riki singing at the front door. I walked through the archway that led to the living room and turned to the front door, Riki had her hands clasped to her chest while she leaned against the closed door. And upon her face was the brightest smile I had ever seen my best friend wear.