Chapter 13

I’ll keep you warm,

Dancing in a downpour,

And I will hold your body slowly turning,

I’ll keep you warm,

Dancing in a downpour,

Breathe it in,

We’ll take it off and soak our skin 

She’s in a town that holds a lonely road,

And the night is falling,

There’s a road that follows to a home,

And the sky is heavy,

In the home she’s in a lonely room,

With music playing,

Can she hear my heart coming through,

On the door between 

Chapter 13

--Elspeth--

Work was finally over and Riven and I both were worn out. It seemed like the children were extremely hyper today. I wasn't sure if the sugar content had suddenly raised in cereal but there was something seriously wrong with these children. Not to mention Kate and Jules' constant fighting. He kept pulling her hair despite his constant claims of girls having cooties and he always stole the toys she had been playing with. It was getting so cruel that Caroline and Kate eventually had to leave while Caroline was in the middle of her in-depth conversation with Valerie.

It made me wonder where Jules even learned such behavior.

But after a hard day of work, Riven and I sat upon the stained yellow couches as we waited for Valerie to come back with our paychecks.

We were sitting in silence and I found it extremely uncomfortable. Although we promised that we would be professional when at work, the two of us not talking was definitely not part of the deal. 

I sat back in my seat with my legs crossed. My lips were still slightly swollen from my kiss with Clay and the guilt immediately ran over me. This was the second time I have cheated on Riven. I was turning into a terrible girlfriend and Riven didn't deserve this. Although him and Clay were both in a competition to win me over, so maybe playing around wasn't such a bad idea.

No, no, Elspeth, those are definitely slutty thoughts.

I shook my head to get those crazy thoughts out of my mind and then looked over at Riven. He wore a look of both anger and devastation and I wanted to ask him what was wrong until he spoke up himself.

"Where were you the other night?" he asked.

My cheeks turned red within a heartbeat and I found myself keeping my mouth shut and not providing him with an answer.

"Elspeth?" He questioned. I looked over at him meekly and one of his blonde eyebrows were raised in accusation.

I didn't want to talk to him if Trixi had already gotten a hold of him. Her words floated back to my mind and I couldn't believe that I had danced with Clay all night long. Although I felt free and joyous at the time, I was almost creating a riff in my relationship.

I sighed, it was time to fess up. "I was at this club with Clay, Micky, Trixi, and a couple of other people." I explained.

Riven's face turned blank and it was impossible to find out what he was thinking but I could easily tell that he wasn't happy. It wasn't like he was flashing me that white smile of his.