Epilogue

Recap: Elspeth stopped Clay from leaving when he left without telling her. Hollis has been pregnant throughout all of this craziness and did not want to know the sex of her baby. Riki and Osi are happily together. (Just in case you happened to forget these little details because they will be coming up soon).

Epilogue

Six Months Later

--Elspeth--

The anticipation was killing me. 

I paced around the waiting room with Clay hot on my heels. The sound of anguished screams came from behind the concealed double doors of Trinity May Hospital. Davy, my cousin and Hollis’ brother, couldn't stop tapping his foot on the ground; his forehead was lightly dotted with sweat. I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't nervous as well.

Hollis was in a hospital room, giving birth! Who would've thought that this day would have come?

The gender of the baby is what had everyone concerned. If Hollis was having a boy, which she would name Macyn, he would most certainly be a replica of his uncle, Davy. He would be calm, good-looking, yet every bit as much of a player as Davy used to be. I could see it now. He would have luscious blonde curls and playful blue eyes. He would be every teenage girl's dream but he wouldn't be Hollis' dress up doll.

If she was going to have a girl, whom she would name Macie, then Hollis would go crazy with spoiling the poor thing. Her daughter would most likely grow up expecting the best and receiving the best. I could see her as a miniature Veronica just with more style and attitude. She would want all the best shoes and makeup that the world could give. I could see her having the same long, wavy hair as her mother yet all-knowing dark eyes like her grandmother, Mrs. Englend. It took all I had not to storm into that room and search for the answer myself. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Alright one more time, Hollis. Push!" Someone, I'm presuming the doctor, ordered Hollis. Her horrified scream was heard a second later and I looked over at Davy to find him conflicted. One side of him was looking forward to meeting his nephew, yet the other side of him was wondering if Hollis was getting tortured by fire pokers.

I bit on my lip nervously. I couldn't fight the feeling that she was having a girl. It only made sense. Coming from a couple like Hollis and Richard surely they would have to have a girl? Right?

"Stop pacing, she's going to be alright." Clay told me as he grabbed hold of my shoulders. I looked into his hope-filled, brown eyes and nodded.

I brought my hand to my neck and fingered the necklace that Clay had given me to wear to Thatcher's wedding. That had seemed like such a long time ago. Now Clay and I were living together in California. Both of us were doing well, going to school, making new friends while keeping in touch with our old ones. Riki and Osi visited us every other weekend and we made sure to face time them every other hour. 

I couldn't survive without my best friend and apparently the same went for her.

"I'm here! I'm here! Has the bomb dropped yet?" Riki asked—the bomb being the baby.

I ran over to her in relief and gave her a quick hug before shaking my head frantically. "It seems like she's been screaming forever. It's pure agony." I explained.

Riki shook her head as if she could hardly believe it. My eyes drifted to the shiny, metallic key that was on her key chain. I remembered my friend telling me about her and Osi moving in with one another. It was huge step in their relationship but Riki was so lonely in our apartment, Veronica having moved in after I moved out, that it seemed like the best idea.