Chapter 22

Chapter 22

--Elspeth--

I grumbled under my breath as I nearly bumped into yet another concrete wall. Osias was paving the way for little ole me as I made my way through the college crowd. Unfortunately for me, our peers weren't too easy going when it came to moving out the way for people who are holding giant flower bouquets in their hands. I was struggling to say the least.

Before our morning classes started, Osias wanted to give Riki a little present. As you can see it was a huge pot of flowers. It was just my luck that the kid believed in delivering the flowers to her himself.

Fortunately for Riki, she was going to get two handfuls of white roses and an earful of her favorite song by The Fresh Beat Band called It's A Great Day. Yes, this was a song for a children's show on Nickelodeon. But Riki was in love with the idea of those little shows and has been watching them since she was a toddler. I think it was her way of connecting with her youthful side.

"Can you keep up Elspeth, you're trailing behind here." Osias pressed as I tried to keep up with his long strides.

I rolled my eyes, feeling angry that he couldn't see my murderous expression behind the white roses. He was going to get an earful out of me once this was all said and done.

My heart fluttered with relief once we started to approach Riki. She was sitting at the bench where we all met in the morning before heading off to our classes and was chewing on a coconut twizzler. 

Sigh.

What was new?

When her gaze finally reached Osi and I, her eyes turned as wide as saucers .The blue orbs were filled with intense confusion as Osias walked over to my best friend with confidence. I smiled to myself as I saw my best friend's eyes still blank with question as she had not yet threaded things together.

Once we had finally arrived at the bench, Riki was finally out of her funk, but her twizzler was still hanging from her mouth in surprise.

"Osi? What's going on? Why is a walking flower pot following you around?" Riki suddenlky asked.

A smile tugged at the corners of Osi's mouth as he started his speech. "Arrika Elizabeth Robbinson, I just wanted to give you these flowers as a symbol of my love and my devotion to our relationship." Osi explained while I stood still with the flowers in my hands.

"Aw! Keep going." Riki cheered, her bright smile lighting her once blank blue eyes. She did always love how poetic Osias was. I'm sure she was swimming in the affection right about now.

Osi chuckled before tugging at his collar and continuing. He was starting to get nervous. "In honor of our wonderful time together, I'm going to sing your favorite song for you." Osi explained.

"No!" Riki gasped throwing her hands up in disbelief.

Osi nodded, and cleared his throat. I could see his hands shaking from here, but there was a determined fervor in his eyes as he began to open his mouth and sing.

"We had a great day, it was a super way to spend some time together." Osi started. I was surprised with how melodic his voice was. The soft velvety sound seemed to dissolve Riki's disbelief into adoration as she looked on at her boyfriend.

Osi walked around the bench as he sung to her, drawing eyes and a small crowd. "We had a great day, the very best day! And nothing could be better."

I lightly laughed as my best friend started dancing to her boyfriend's voice. She was one strange girl that was for sure.

Osi was having fun with his delivery as he tapped her nose and peppered her face with kisses throughout his song. It seemed like things couldn't get any cuter until the last line of the song arrived and I placed the flowers in front of Riki on my cue.