Part 36 : Because We Weren't Brave Enough

Ellie POV

"I'm Sorry" I said ruefully to Dave and his swollen side jaws the next day. I sat on his couch after he let me in and I grimaced. He was in his pajamas when he sat down in front of me.

"Don't fret it Elle" His eyes fixed on me in a calm manners. "It's not your fault" He shrugged and winced as his speech caused his fresh wound to move.

"No, it was partly my fault. I came to apologize for her behavior. I'm sorry"

"So you guys...y'know?" He gestured his hand and I gulped through my suddenly parched throat. My face blazed up like the color of fire truck. I was fluster in no moment.

"We are not" I placed my hair behind my own ears in nervousness. He sighed. and he came forward and grasped my hand in his. This time I didn't object when he looked at me sadly.

"Don't hide Ellie. That's why you stay alone all these year huh? I will be happy for you if she was the one you want. I won't judge." He squeezed my hand gently and I was speechless at that moment. And then he chuckled humorlessly.

"You know I've had a feeling about you two were more than friend since high school. She was always protective over you and I've always saw you were so dependant toward her. But I just thought nothing about it." My vision blurred but I held them in.

"But I'm happy Elle. I'll be here. Be a friend or a big brother as you always want. Come to me if she hurts you. I'll teach her a lesson. This time I won't hold it in." I sniffed and he smiled.

"I'm sorry Dave. I don't know what to do, I don't know if we can. Please don't say anything to my mom yet. I'm so afraid right now" I blubbered, begging through my tears and he drew my form in, giving me a comfort hug. This time I felt as if I hugged my brother, as brother figure I never had.

"It's fine Elle, just follow your heart. Just like I followed you. If she hurts you, I'll deal with it. Take risk pumpkin. You won't know if it will work out or not." He whispered over my head and I sniffed.

"Thanks you Dave" He let go and this time I smiled.

"Anytime Ellie."

"I brought you your favorite blueberry cheese cake as an apology" I could do nothing to save her sorry butt other than this.

"No wonder why I'm head over heels for you when you keep treating me this way Elle." I blushed and swatted his bicep and he laughed.

"I'm glad to know we're okay"

"Silly girl, you're too good"

"No Dave, you are a good one. You'll find someone don't worry"

"Please find me someone like you" I smirked.

"I should let Flynn split your other lips eh?" He burst out laughing and I sighed. For one I knew that we're fine.

******************

I smoothed out the front of my light pink dress in nervousness as my bakery car stop in front of the Major private house. More like Flynn parent's house.

"Ellie!" Flynn's Mom sauntered out of the mansion and met me halfway, her smile as bright as the moon and I smiled back at her equally. I did miss her.

"Aunty!" She held me at arm length and examined me excitedly as if I was her long lost treasure and my lips widen on its own accord and I just went and hugged her.

"Where have you been all these time?" She blurted out when I let her go after a brief hug. I giggled.

"I'm here Aunty. I was just busy with the shop and where should I put the cake?" Her smile was still bright as she watched me up and down in adoration.