Part 9 : You Are Not My Rubbish Bin Baby

Flynn POV

It was him.

What does he possibly want? My inside clenched in anger just seeing that name flashing on my phone, like a thunderbolt slashing through me.

What a pathetic bastard.

I gripped my phone, nearly crushed it in two. My mind told me to stop, don't answer that shit but my heart told differently.

"Aren't you going to answer it? and who's that?" Ellie touched my face and snapped me out of my trance, her touch just calmed my wrecking nerves.

"I'm gonna answer it okay? just a moment" I said, getting to my feet and walked off feeling her eyes on my back.

"What do you want?" I snapped into the earpieces, suddenly I was bone tired. Suddenly I just want to lay down crushing into million pieces.

"Hey...I just wanted to know how have you been" My boyfriend, my cheated boyfriend, the guy I once called my everything, he has the nerves to call me. To demand how have I been.

After what he putted me through, impregnated another woman while I was struggling through life, by chance or not, cheater was still a cheater.

How have I been? It was hell, I thought in sarcasm. Period.

"Just fine, and it's not any of your business anyway... Just... stop calling me" My throat clogged, the last bit was hard, I felt like someone just punched straight in my gut, the wound was still fresh and hearing him again was like torture. I blew out a big breath and closed my eyes then rearranged my expression before going back to Ellie.

She watched me sitting down beside her, her eyes etched deep with worry but she didn't try to show it. I smiled brightly at her and her face sadden.

"Stop that face baby," I teased

"hmmmm who's that? can I ask?" She said in a small voice, as if her voices will hurt me. Silly girl.

"Just a bro" I smiled, hoping she would drop it.

"Sure?" She studied my face for a while and I tried hard not to close my eyes in weariness.

"Yeah sure, just someone I knows that's all" I tried to grin cheekily at her but she wouldn't budged, she sat there, looking sad.

For me.

I sighed internally, really didn't want to deal with this right now.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" She held my face, her eyes big and sincere and my wall nearly crumbled to the small hand that seemed to touch my entire soul not just my jaws. I wanted to give in, but refused to do so, I didn't want to be a mess in front of her, especially her.

"Really? What if I tell you I want to kiss you again?" I grinned cover all the broken traces I felt inside, which I was an expert in faking a smiled. And nobody knows.

"I hate it when you try to smile this way" she said, exasperated. I thought I was an expert in faking a smile, until now. I guess I was not so good then. Man, was I wrong...

"what way?" I said nonchalantly and shrugged, grinning my ass off.

"Just something bothering you deeply but you tried to cover it with your fake happiness for my sake" She sighed and I sat there, tired and for more beat my heart seemed to drag longer than the last one. I didn't know who to blamed, I just hoped she would drop this right now, I don't need another interrogation in my mind-fuck state, but Ellie just being Ellie. Sometime she was the most dense and exasperated girl I ever came across, but nonetheless I knew she meant well, because she was worried about me.

Sometime she strung my I-thought-it-was-dead heart in a harmony that she doesn't even know. The feeling of being worthless, the disappointment, the broken soul came to you all at once enough to break you, but Ellie didn't know it.

And I don't ever want her to know, I was ashamed. She was too pure, too trusting, like a blank sheet of fresh white paper, never tainted of anything else, a happy go lucky girl, never aware of how cruel the world is.

Unlike me. I think that's the reason why I wanted to hide her in the safe confine of my arms, used my entire being to protected her, be a shield.

I was broken, because of him everything was black and white, I have no color in my life. Because of him, a 15 year old girl knows how to drinks and I've been drinking just to end the never ending night.

Because of him, I find every possible way to break my already broken self.

And to hear his voice now, I was again from the start, a cold dark full of cruel reality start.

"It's nothing babe, are you done now?" I smiled and she sighed then nodded, I guessed she dropped it for now. Thanks god.

We drove in silence back home, and I asked her to stay with me for a while. She looked deep in thought as we both listen to the song on my radio. I grasped her hand in mine and her full lips widen due to the gestured and that made me smiled along with her.

Tingles flew inside me, maybe this is not so bad at all.

She released her hand from mine and I frowned, but she covered the side of my neck instead and I leaned into it unknowingly.

"Your hand is so warmth" Ellie mumbled, pulling me out of my day dream.

"You comment as if you don't know, my hand is always hot, you should be worried when it's not" she shook her head, while turning away from me.

I pulled in front of my house and got out, my home was quite as usual, mom and dad gone out for the day, and I think I have the place to myself for now.

That day while Ellie laid inside my embrace, her breathtaking feature curls like a ball as she made herself so small that I tighten her closer to me protectively, I know nothing could harm her in my presence but my intuition just flew freely around her and I think she like it.

I poured my heart out to her, my everything, my past, my broken state. As I started I couldn't stop, everything just keep running out of my lips, as I told her, my confusing best friend.

She stayed inside my arms for a whole time, listened attentively as I feel anger radiated from her and I tighten my arms and keep her closed. I leaned down and kissed her, her aroma calmed my crashing heart. Her scented was sweet, not the perfumed she used but something just burst out of her skin, and I didn't tell her that I'm also addicted to it, just like her homemade coffee.

"From now on, tell me everything, stop hiding everything away from me, if you want to, just throw all the bad stuffs to me, I will be the rubbish bin for you, or anything if you wanted to, I love you okay?" Ellie's small palm caressed my cheeks as she stared at me with sympathy, hurt, anger, love and she leaned and kissed my cheeks.

The gesture mended some of the pieces of my broken heart back as I kissed her cheek and whispered a thank you back.

"But you are not my rubbish bin baby, you are my wife" I watched her eyes glowed and I think I was also addicted to it.

---End of Part 9---

Such an emotional chappie, I wrote this down with you always on my mind.