Part 24 : A Hidden Relationship

Flynn POV

"I have a business dinner on Saturday. You and your mom will also have to attend, so be prepare okay? and you have holiday break right? We'll go to Malaysia for three days." My dad announced during our dinner together. I looked up from my plate, perplexed.

"Why do I have to go daddy?" Usually, he only went out with mom. Why need me too this time?

"My boss told me to bring the family, and wear a dress" He fixed me a look and I huffed.

"But I don't want to go. Usually you only go with mom, why bring me too all of sudden?" I frowned at him and he rolled his eyes then finished up his own plate.

"You don't have a say in this little monkey" He grinned and walked toward me then tapped my head like a dog. Jeez, look at how he treated his only daughter.

"Mom! Can I skip this? I don't want to go" I whined at my mom but she just shook her head at me.

"Fineee, but I have no dress and I don't want to wear one" I pouted and she just chuckled at me.

"I already had yours, come and try" I groaned out loud and once again my mom shook her head at me.

"Just this one, and I'll let you off the hook" She teased then proceed to clean off the table while I got up and helped her. I patted my pocket when it's vibrated, must be my little girl. Maybe getting sassy because I didn't text her today. She was grumpy and didn't tell me why she was being like that and texted to just argue with me. All because I didn't give her enough love and attention. She was like a kid, I had to restraint myself from grinning alone like a fool before my mom noticed it.

"Gotta go to sleep, don't watch tv too late okay?" My mom hollered and switched off the light in the kitchen as I pulled out my phone.

*I hate you :@*

I chuckled at that. Didn't she know how to say Baby I miss you?

*Love you too sweetheart*

*No need :@*

Sometime it wasn't fair.

I just couldn't be mad at her. If I was being too harsh she started to keep quiet on the phone then if I didn't go to comfort her she was mad at me back for being mad.

Note the sarcasm, mad for being mad.

And we both ignored each other on the phone until very late at night when she started crying and wailed that I didn't love her anymore. Just like that, my heart melted like flowing lava and I couldn't be mad at her anymore. Eventually, I was the only one that couldn't bear her distress and comfort her. Saying that it was all my fault even though she was wrong. She sure knew how to work me.

I was embarrassingly wipped.

I called her number and after a few ring, I though she wasn't going to answer but she answered anyway.

"Hello, beautiful" I drawled flirtily down the phone, prepared for her sarcastic come back.

"No, beautiful girl here. You got the wrong number." I expected that reaction as she huffed out emotionlessly and I chuckled.

"Oh really? I just want to talk to my spitfire wife Ellie. Who are you pretty?" I grinned wildly, playing along. Along our relationship I just loved to tease her, watched her lips pursed up as she frowned like a cat at me.

"I'm her sister" She said, amused and I chuckled.

"Oh wow, Ellie never told me she has sister. Sooo, let's talk with you then" I whispered arrogantly and received a shriek from the phone.