Part 35 : I Forgot How To Be Loved, By You.

Ellie POV

I narrowed my eyes at the white car with tint window in front of my shop side road suspiciously. It's been here half an hour ago while I was inside. I was locking the shop down and on time Dave's Mercedes rolled slowly to where I was standing.

He parked the car and came out hastily as he jogged and grasped my keys then locked the door for me.

"Jeez, Dave I could have done it myself" One hand on my hips, I huffed at him. "I did this everyday already y'know?" I looked at his crisp black hair and he was in suit for a change. His inside cream shirt made his tan skin stood out and I smiled sardonically at our matching color.

"Well, not in my present. You'll wound my ego if you keep that up." He grabbed my hand and guided me toward his car then chivalrously opened the door for me and let himself in after. I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"And why are you in suit?" He pulled out of the driveway and smirked.

"You look stunning." He praised after his eyes swept tenderly over my form. Well, he lied. Nothing stunning about a cream color shift dress that flew just above my knees. Well, I did match them with a plum color pump.

"You lied"

"You even look beautiful in a bean bag believe me." I laughed as his cheekily grinned at me.

"Drop the flirting already"

"Okay Sweetheart"

"Ewww" I made a face and his laughter boomed out.

Doesn't melt your bone like some soft husky baritone, huh?

My conscience floated her way in and messed with my head tauntingly.

After another couples minute the car rolled into the Mandarine Oriental Hotel and my eyes popped open. I opened the door by myself once the car's parked as Dave came slowly to my side. He pouted.

"You didn't let me to be a gentleman!" I followed his lead toward the entrance and smiled.

"Oh come on Dave, we both know you have made an effort already"

"I just want to make you have a night you can't forget" He offered me his arm and I looked at it for a moment before laced my arm in.

My gut was shaking with so much guilt when we were leaded toward a table. I looked around in amazement at the big crystal chandelling showing off their blinking self at the entrance. The posh information desk was strikingly beautiful and professional at the same time.

After the waitress took our refreshment order, I scanned the menu up and down for something to eat. And I came to a realization that I suck at choosing a sensible food with a complex looking menu. My head swarmed with all the words that I could only guess that was French.

"Why don't you just order for me?" I whispered embarrassingly and his devious smirk showed up.

"What do you want?"

"I'm fine with everything unless it's pork liver"

"and stop looking at me" I rolled my eyes after he ordered for us in fluent French. I turned the page forward and a chocolate fudge cake with an eye catching pudding taunting my saliva to flow.

"Order this one too" I tapped the pages and grinned hopefully at him and that made him chuckle.

"After dinner Elle, who the hell having dessert before meal?" I pouted, ignoring his smirk.