34# One-shot: Roommate (Part 2)

Hi guys! This is part 2 of my one-shot "Roommate". This one-shot is supposed to be a year after part 1. So they've finished college.

Mike's POV:

How can I describe the last year? It was amazing.

El and I have been living together for a year, and also been dating for the most of it. I still haven't met her dad, which is why we're on our way to Hawkins.

"Are you nervous?" El asks me with a small smile on her lips.

"A little? I mean you dad moved to Hawkins after I started in college. So the only thing I really know about him is that he's the police chief. Which doesn't make it any better." I tell her.

"He's not that bad. As you know I was living on the streets, and I would probably be dead now if he had not found me."

El started telling me about her past as soon as we started dating. Apparently her mom and dad left her on the streets of Chicago when she was eight. She lived with a bunch of criminal homeless people. That was until Hopper found her when she was fourteen and started taking care of her.

El has seen a lot of bad things through her life, considering she has lived on the street. She has stolen from stores and people she passed on the pavement.

"And I'm grateful for that, but he's also your father, so I'm shitting myself."

El laughs and I can't help but laugh with her.

Jane's POV:

We finally arrive after driving for hours. I can't wait to see my dad, Joyce, Will and Jonathan! When dad started dating to Joyce, I couldn't be happier. A year before he found me, his wife and daughter had died in a car accident. So all I wanted was for him to be happy.

We walked towards the door and I couldn't help but smile at Mike. He looks so nervous I can't even. It's funny because he has nothing to fear. Dad might look intimidating, but he's really not once you get to know him.

We knock on the door and Joyce opens it with a warm smile. Mike has obviously met Joyce before. Since Will and Mike are best friends.

"El! Mike! Come in!" Joyce exclaims before hugging us both.

We both walk in and see Will.

I hug him tight and afterwards Mike and Will does that guy-hug-thing.

"Wheres Jonathan?" I ask Will.

"He wasn't able to be here unfortunately."

That sucks.

We walk into the living room and I grab Mike's hand. Dad is sitting on the couch, watching something on the TV.

"Dad!" I yell. He looks my way and immeadtly stands up. I run over to him and throw myself at him. He puts his arms around me and gives me a nice long hug. I pull away after some time and look towards Mike.

"Dad, this is Mike."

Mike walks towards us and shakes my dads hand.

"N-nice to meet you sir." Mike says stuttering a bit

"Nice to meet you too kid, you can just call me Hopper."

Mike starts smiling like crazy. Wow I didn't know that getting his approval meant so much to him.

Mike looks at me with nothing but love in his eyes.

I love him so much.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hi guys!

Did you like this one-shot?

See you next Saturday!

Stay Strange!

Btw, have you guys read "Ready Player One" ? It's one of my favorite books and I can't wait to see how the movie is going to be.

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover