19# One-shot: The Missing Sweater

They're fourteen.

Will's POV:

Mike is throwing his clothes around the room.

He's apparently looking for a sweater, that is El's favorite. They're going on a date and he wants to wear the sweater because El loves, when he wears it The funny thing is, Mike never liked the sweater before El told him that she loves it.

"I need to find it! I really want to impress her, it's our one year anniversary." Mike tells me for the hundredth time.

I sigh and look at the clothes he's been throwing around, to see if he threw it somewhere. Nope I can't see it. Mike thinks the date is going to be really bad if he doesn't find it.

"What an I going to do Will?"

I shrug my shoulder an answer his question. "Maybe, I don't know, wear something else?"

Mike narrows his eyes at me and starts looking through all the clothes ones again. I look towards Mike's desk, and look at the pictures framed. One of them is us (Lucas Dustin, Mike and me), after we won the Science Fair.

The next picture is El and Mike sitting in the basement looking at each other. That was before they started dating. Then next to it was them holding hands in the park, they were dating there. The last picture is the newest of them, and El is wearing the sweater.

I start grinning. I think I know where the sweater is. I tell Mike goodbye and yells; "You were supposed to help me!" I laugh as I wait for Jonathan to arrive.

I'm not ready to walk home alone yet.

***

"So El, do you know where Mike's sweater is? You know the one you love the most?"

"Oh yeah, I was thinking about wearing it tonight. Mike told me I could keep it," Eleven answers.

I start laughing hysterically and El is just looking at me like I'm a maniac. I stop laughing, and fall down on El's bed. I won't tell Mike where the sweater is, I want to be a surprise.

"You should definitely wear it tonight."

El smiles at that and grabs it from her closet.

Mike's POV:

This date is going to be shit.

Absolutely shit.

I can't find that sweater, because it's El's favorite. She loves it and I really want to make her happy. I'm not sure why I just need to wear that sweater. Maybe it's because I wore it on our first date, and that date was perfect.

I clear my throat and knock on the Byers' door. Will opens the door and his laughing his ass off. Probably because I'm not wearing that damn sweater.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I just want to see your face, when you see El."

I raise my eyebrows at him and he smirks. He steps aside and El walks up to me.

Oh.

She's wearing the sweater.

How could I forget that I gave her the sweater? I look towards Will and he's laughing again. I scratch  the back of my neck and chuckle awkwardly. El's looking at worryingly.
Wait didn't Will tell her about the sweater.

"Do you think I'm not pretty?"

"El, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I was just a bit nervous I guess. I'm sorry I didn't say anything."

El smiles at me and kisses my cheek. She takes my hand in hers and we make our way towards a diner (not Benny's Burger. Because that's closed, Benny committed suicide. Rest in peace Benny).

The date went amazing, even when El took the sweater off, because she was too hot, and we forgot it in the diner. I guess we don't need that damn sweater.

Even though we had to pick it up, because apparently El loves that it smells like me.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

New York was amazing and I went to see Dear Evan Hansen. I had awesome seats and I could see everything. (They did cost a lot of money, but what ever).

I won't be updating next weekend. Because STRANGER THINGS SEASON 2 IS RELEASED!!!!!!!
So I'll be busy binge watching it Friday (so I can't write), and then Saturday I'm going to a birthday/sleep over.

Btw, sorry for the late update. I was at another birthday party today.

Stay Strange!

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover