33# One-shot: Roommate (Part 1)

They're in the last year of college. Mike and El doesn't know each other yet. El doesn't have powers. Btw, it's 2018

Mike's POV:

My old roommate was a mess.

He went to party's and always had a new girl for the night. His name is Patrick. I didn't want to live with Patrick, but I really wanted to live in the apartment. Patrick's mom and my mom are really good friends, and agreed to pay for our apartment if we lived together.

I just couldn't take it anymore, and told my mom about Patrick. My mom talked to Patrick's mom and he moved out. Now my mom wants me to pay for rent myself. So that's why I'm looking for a roommate. The last couple of guys I've interviewed were just like Patrick, which sucks.

"So you haven't found anyone?" Will asks me over the phone.

Will has been my best friends since forever. We promised each other that we would always be best friends.

"No! I don't know what to do anymore." I sigh.

"Well remember that guy my mom started dating? He was a daughter who's looking for a place to stay, because apparently she doesn't like her roommate." Will tells me.

Living with a girl? I didn't think of that... I'm just so awkward around girls.

"Hello?" Will asks.

"Sorry, yeah that sounds great. Can you text me her number?"

Later that day I decided to text her.

Mike Wheeler: Hi Jane. My name is Mike Wheeler. I'm a friend of Will's. Will tells me your looking for a new place to stay. I'm currently looking for a roommate. Just text me if you want to.
From Mike Wheeler.
PS. We go to the same college.

I didn't think she was going to answer as fast as she did.

Jane Hopper: Hi Mike. I would love to meet up somewhere. Will tells me that you're a great guy, so I would like to consider it. We could meet up at the coffee shop a block away from the college.
From Jane Hopper.
PS. Please call me El :-D

I smiles slightly and replied that we could meet up the day after.

So now I'm sitting in the coffee shop, waiting for El to arrive.

A girl with short, brown, and curly hair walk in through the door. She's beautiful.

(She's obviously older)

We lock eyes and I smile. She walks towards my table and I start to panic slightly.

Jane's POV:

My eyes immediately goes to the boy with messy hair, as soon as I walk into the coffee shop. He's so handsome.

(He's obviously also older)

I sit down in front of him with a small smile.

"Hi, I'm El." I tell him.

"H-Hi I'm Mike." He tells me stuttering.

***

I've been living with Mike for two months... and I love it. He's so sweet towards me. We always eat dinner together, and watch movies together every Friday.

My old roommate Megan absolutely hated me. She did everything she could to make sure I couldn't sleep, which sucks.

"Hey El? Have you seen my phone?" Mike yells from his bedroom.

I look towards the dinning table and spot his phone. He always puts it there for some reason.

"Yeah it's on the dinning table!" I yell after him.

"Can you get it for me?" He asks.

I stand up from the couch and takes Mike phone in my hand. I walk into his bedroom and gasps.

There's candles on the floor spelling out: Date?

I look towards Mike who's standing next to me smiling. I tell him yes and hug him.

I'm so happy I decided to move in with him.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

I'm sorry I didn't update last weekend, but I had the flu. So I couldn't write.

I just turned sixteen two days ago!!!!!!!!

See you next Saturday.

Stay Strange!

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover