14# One-shot: The Rainy Day

They're sixteen

Eleven's POV.

The weather is like my mood right now.

Sad.

It's pouring down outside and I'm sitting on my bed just looking outside. I'm sick, so I can't be with the boys and Max. We planned weeks ago that we would o to the theater, to watch some new movie the boys really wanted to see.

Then I got sick.

I sadly had to call them and cancel. Will asked me if he should stay with me, but I told him not to. Mom and dad are on a date, and Jonathan is spending his time with Nancy.

I mean I get it. People shouldn't stop what they were doing to be with me, but I'm so lonely. Mike asked if should stay, and I told him the same thing I told Will.

I sigh and keep starring out the window. Maybe the angels in heaven are sad as well? Maybe that's why they're crying. I close my eyes slowly and take a deep breath before slowly falling asleep.

Max's POV:

Mike is miserable.

We're waiting for the movie to start and he's not interacting with any of us. He's just starring at the wall, not making any sound. I push Lucas' shoulder, to make him look at Mike. Lucas sighs and says; "Just let him be, he's sad that El couldn't be here."

I still keep looking at him, before moving, to sit next to him, were El was supposed to sit.

"Why don't you just go home to El?"

"Because she's sick, and she told me to go with you guys."

I give him a look and he scoffs.

"You know, I actually think she will be really happy if you ditch us. I know she wants you to have fun, but she's sick and alone," I tell him.

Mike stands up and walks out of the theater. The boys yells after Mike; "Where are you going?!"

"He's missing El," I tell them.

They all snicker and the movie starts.

Mike's POV:

It's pouring down when I get outside. I really miss El. I know we spend everyday together, but it feels like I haven't seen her in months. It's funny how depended you can become of someone. I mean I lived just fine before El, but now I can't spend a day without her.

I ride my bike to The Byers' house, and almost throw my bike on the ground. The doors are locked and El is not answering the door. I walk towards El's window and it's opened a bit.

I open the window completely, and climb in. El is sleeping on her bed, with the duvet covering her entire body, except her head. Her forehead is covered with sweat and she's breathing heavily.

I sit down on her bed and lightly brush some hairs away from her beautiful face. El moves closer to the direction of my touch, and I chuckle. El slowly opens her eyes and she looks confused.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were at the theater with the rest of them?"

I kiss her nose and she sighs.

"I just missed you so much. Max could see it I guess, and told me to go. I really missed you," I tell her.

"It's only been one day." El says, with a smile on her lips.

"I know, but I was missing you."

El closes her eyes and leans against me. "Wait, I don't want you to get sick."

"I don't care. I just want to hold you," I say laying down next to her. I wipe the sweat away from her forehead and kiss it lightly.

"Go back to sleep my love."

El closes her eyes again and lays her head on my chest.

"I love you," she mumbles before falling asleep.

"I love you too."

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

Did you like this one-shot?

I saw 'It' yesterday, and it's amazing! The kids did a really good job!❤️

See you next Saturday.

Stay Strange!

Snapchat: annikabooklover

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover