Ch.79 Past image

(Many years ago) Upon Mount Olympus, home to the famous Eros the God of Love, Eros himself entered his home with a basket of golden apples. Inside he saw Psyche, the women he loves reading on his sofa, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Look what I got" he smiled as she turned around to see him holding up he basket of golden apples.

"Golden apples?" she remarked while setting her book down "How on earth did you get them?"

"A salesman was selling them, and he gave me a whole basket for a fair price."

"Is that so?" she smirked "What are they gonna do this time? Give me my own pair of wings?"

"No, although that does remind me, I need to give you your own wings soon."

"So what do these apples do then?"

"Just taste better" he smirked before tossing her one.

"I swear if this is one of your little pranks-" she began.

"Relax it's not" he assured "Why would I prank you? I don't want you to be mad at me."

"Fair point" she agreed "Alright, shall we then?"

They point gave each other one last smiles before taking a bite out of their apples. Not taking them long to enjoy the wonderful taste, the taste that was more divine than any other apples. But that suddenly gave them a strange feeling inside, a feeling that they couldn't quite explain as their visions began to blur.

Everything was changing, everything was revolving around them. And by the time their visions became clear again, when they saw each other, their heads became filled with questions.

"Uh, who are you?" Eros asked her.

"Who are you?" she asked back.

"I'm Eros, what are you doing in my home?"

"I-" she looked around in confusion "I have no idea. I'm so sorry I'll leave, I think I must of wandered in here last night, I do remember drinking a lot. I'm sorry again."

And with that she grabbed her book along with the golden apple she was holding and headed out the house. Confused by what just happened, Eros took another bite of his apple, and that's when things became weird again, his mind started to hurt and his vision blurred again. And as soon as his vision cleared up again, his thoughts were filled with Psyche, and the only thing he remembered about her is that they weren't together anymore, and he had no idea why.

Rachel watched as the image faded away from the Dreamcatcher. After all this time of wondering, she had finally learn the truth.

"The apple did it" she gasped as she grabbed her phone and began to call Andy.

"Yeah?" he answered when he picked up.

"It worked" she announced, still surprised from what she just witnessed.

"The Dreamcatcher?"

"Yes it worked."

"Really?" he gasped "What did you see?"

"I finally know what happened that caused our parents to split."

"What?"

"It was the golden apples, apparently my dad bought a basket of golden apples, and when they each took a bite of it, it caused them to forget each other. And when they took another bite out of it, it filled them with thoughts of them being not together anymore, but I don't think they remember."

"Who" he breathed astonished "I always knew golden apples were tricky."

"Well that clears up the suppose 'breakup', next up we find out what caused you to appear dead."

"So am I like suppose to hold the Dreamcatcher by myself?"

"Well yes, but you also gotta touch it with something that belonged to your mother, that's what I did with one of my dad's arrows."

"Oh man" he whined "I don't think I have anything that belonged to her."

"Well you gotta find something, maybe Gold has something in his shop."

"Fine I'll check it out tomorrow."

"Alright, but in the meantime try to find something at your place, you've got to have something of hers."

"I'll look."

After hanging up, Andy began searching around his apartment room for anything that once belonged to his mother. He searched everywhere from his drawers, under his bed, his closet, nothing. After moments of searching with nothing to be found, Andy decided to give up as he plopped down on his bed, hoping that he would find something in Gold's shop.

So the next day, as soon as he had time, Andy made his way Gold's shop where he walked in to find that it was empty.

"Gold!" he called out.

He waited until the owner entered from the back.

"Well" he sneered when he saw him "I didn't expect you to be here at this time."

"You know my mother Psyche right?" Andy asked.

"Eros's old lover who is now dead? What about her?"

Andy felt a slight pit in his stomach from hearing the word 'dead', but he kept calm and continued.

"Do you have anything that once belonged to her?"

"Well?" Gold tapped his chin and pretended to think "I might have something."

Andy watched as Gold went over to a shelf and pulled down a thin wooden case.

"Ah here we go" he sneered while heading over to Andy "This should do it."

He flipped open the box to reveal an old Greek dagger that made Andy's eyes widen and chills running down his spine.

"Uh, a dagger?" he questioned a bit confused.

"Not just any dagger, the very same one your mother tried to use to murder your girlfriend's father."

At that point Andy felt chills running down his spine, remembering the story of when his mother was sent to murder Eros with a dagger, only to fail when she accidentally wounds herself with his arrows causing her to fall in love with him.

"Do you want it?" Gold asked.

Andy froze for a moment, still shocked by the memory of the story. But hoping that it will work to see his mother's past, he carefully picked up the dagger and examined the beautifully carved handle.

"Although I should warn you" Gold suddenly added "This is no ordinary dagger, it was made from the home of the famous beast the Chimera. So if you cut yourself with this blade, it will know your scent, and it was do whatever it takes to hunt you down."

"The Chimera?" Andy's eyes widen "But I thought she was dead."

"There are others you know, and one of them might come here if you're not careful."

"Um" Andy gulped, feeling his heart already pounding in fear "I'll be careful."

"You better."