Ch.17 Swan boy

Later that evening, after Natalie, Hope, and Frank had gone off to Oz, Brooke and Danny met up on the bench in front of the diner where they discussed what had happened.

"You really think Willow's gonna be okay when she finds out about Frank and Hope?" Brooke asked.

"I don't know" he shrugged "I mean they're just friends right? Nothing else."

"But Willow may think the other way. I mean remember how jealous she easily got when she heard that Frank and Elena were talking?"

"Oh yeah" he remembered "Well hopefully it shouldn't be that bad since she doesn't have her magic anymore."

"Yeah but she could still kick ass, remember the street fight she had with Elena?"

"Yep" he nodded "I'm not gonna lie, that was the most badass thing I've seen in a while."

"Agree" she smirked.

"But enough about this, any more news about Lydia?"

She sighed "Not yet, and no news about the Sand Clock and how much time we have."

"Well it is a massive clock, so I'm guessing we have about a month or so."

"Probably" she shrugged "But I have a feeling it's closer than we think."

"Well whenever it comes, I know we'll be ready to fight."

"But do you think everyone will be able to go against her?" she questioned nervously "I mean she's frickin powerful, even more than the Black Fairy which makes me more scared."

"Hey I'm scared too, but we got time to prepare."

"And how exactly do we prepare against someone like her?" she doubted "If she gains her power, it'll be nearly impossible to stop her."

"Nearly impossible, not completely impossible" he stated "Look, we're gonna do everything we can. And I know that we'll be able to break this curse."

"Yeah but will we be able to find all the items in time?"

"Who knows" he shrugged "Only time will tell."

Brooke gave a deep sigh, but that's when she spotted someone across the street that caught her attention.

"Danny look" she pointed surprised "The guy over there, he looks new."

They noticed that the new guy seemed to be looking for something.

"He's gotta be new" Brooke declared "And he most likely came out from the door. But who is he?"

"Let's find out shall we?"

And with that they got up and made their way across the street and towards the new guy.

"Excuse me" Danny called out to him "Hi. Are you looking for something?"

"Um, where am I?" the guy asked.

"Storybrooke, are you from Ever After?"

"You know where that is?" he replied surprised.

"Everyone from Ever After is here now due to the Evil Queen's curse."

"Really?" he gasped "In that case is Duchess Swan here?"

At that point they immediately thought of the two swan feathers found near the Enchanted Door. But with one of them being white and the other black, they didn't know if the feathers actually belonged to him or not.

"As a matter of fact she is" Danny stated "You a friend of hers?"

"I am, and it's important that I see her."

"Well we don't know where she is now" Brooke put in "But we can help you locate her."

"Thank you."

"So what's your name?"

"Devon."

"Well Devon I'm Brooke, and this is my boyfriend Danny. And if you need anything you can tell us."

"Thanks" he nodded with a small smile.

(Flashback) During the time when she didn't have to go to class, Duchess Swan, daughter of the Swan Queen would always make her way to the Enchanted Lake where she would dance her ballet on the water due to her magic touch. Dancing was the only thing she enjoyed that took her mind off her tragic destiny where she would have to spend the rest of her days as a swan, without having the power to become human again.

But at the moment, she was trying to take her mind off of it and focus on her dancing. And while she was doing so, a white swan flew down and landed in the water in front of her and gave a honk.

"Hello there" she greeted with a friendly smile.

Even though she had planned on dancing alone, she didn't mind having someone watch her, especially since it was a swan.

"You wanna watch me dance?" she asked as it gave a honk "Alright then, you may wanna swim back a bit."

As it did do, she began to dance again while being careful not to run into the swan. She danced for about a minute or two as she ended in a graceful pose.

"Did you enjoy that?" she asked the swan.

And to her surprise the swan suddenly transformed into an attractive young guy who was also able to stand on the water. And as soon as she saw him, Duchess's heart began to flutter.

"I enjoyed it very much" he replied with a smile as she just froze with astonishment "Yes I can turn into a swan too, you're not the only one Duchess."

"How do you know my name?"

"We went to middle school together."

"We did?" she raised an eyebrow "Surely I would of remembered you."

He gave a chuckle "You don't recognize me do you?"

"Um, should I?"

"In middle school, you called me an ugly bimbo, threw breadcrumbs at me, and even broke my glasses a few times, and most of time it was on purpose."

At that point she suddenly realized it as her eyes widen and stomach dropped.

"Devon?!" she gasped.

"How are things?" he smirked.

"Oh my God is it really you?!" she exclaimed "You look so different!"

"Yeah ever since I had to leave school due to the bullying I got, I started working out and taking better care of myself."

"Oh" she bit her lip by the sound of the bullying, remembering that she was one of the kids who used to tease him on his looks "Well I feel terrible now."

He gave a small chuckle.

"I really do" she admitted "I mean you went from the ugly duckling to... what are you a male model now?"

"As a matter of fact I am" he stated "I'm just on break right now."

"You really are modeling?" her eyes widen "Well I'll be dammed."

"I get that a lot" he chuckled "Anyway I was just flying around and saw you dancing and decided to say hi?"

"Seriously?" she replied astonished "Even after what I did to you?"

"Only because I know that you just need someone to make you smile" he smiled "Am I right?"

She gave a small smile with a little blush "Yes you are."

"Well then-" he smiled again "I'll leave you back to your dancing, and I'll see you around."

And with that he turned back into a swan and flew into the sky.

"Whoa" Duchess breathed as she watched him fly away "Well he's gotten sexy."