Ch.39 Savage wolf

Drawing of Mira by HubbyBubby14

Drawing of Mira by HubbyBubby14. She actually has longer hair, but I can see her with short hair and looking cute :)

After talking with Channing, Kayla made her way to the 'Wonder diner' where she joined Scott at a table as they discussed about Ramona.

"Ramona scarred him?" he gasped after hearing what she told him.

"That's what he told me" Kayla explained "Now I don't know if it's true or not, but I can't imagine Ramona doing that, she would never hurt someone on purpose."

"Are you sure it was on purpose, maybe it was an accident."

"I don't think so, cause his scars looked deep, it had to be done on purpose. But that's not the only thing he told me, he also said before she scratched him, she acted like she was going crazy, he tried to calm her down but she attacked him."

"She went crazy?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Like a wild animal" she sighed.

"That strange, I mean I get that she's part wolf and all and she has a taste for blood, but you're right, I can't imagine her hurting someone on purpose."

"Well that's what I'm gonna try to find out, what made her go crazy that caused her to attack Channing? And how come she never told me about it?"

"Maybe she was scared, scared that you would see her in a different way."

Kayla gave a deep sigh while looking down.

"I bet she feels like a monster" she mumbled "I mean I feel like it too sometimes. But if that's the case, she needs to know that no matter what, she'll always be my family, and I'll love her no matter what."

"Well that's what you need to tell her. But before you do, what are you about Channing?"

"I don't know, but I'm still gonna keep Ramona hidden in our house until we settle things."

"It must be hard for her" he remarked in a sigh "Having to hide in her own house to prevent being killed."

"Tell me about it" she agreed "I was talking to her earlier and she told me how bored she was, she would always go outside for a run or just even a little walk. But now we don't know when she can do it again."

"What do you think she's doing now?"

_________

Back home, Ramona went into her bathroom where she finished washing her hands as she looked for a towel to dry her hands. But when she slid open a drawer under the sink, she spotted something that caught her eye. There in the drawer next to some hand towels was a silver leaf locket. Knowing it was her sister's who most likely left it there by mistake, she dried her hands on a towel and picked up the locket and opened it to reveal the photo of her parents, but only Kayla was pictured with them.

 Knowing it was her sister's who most likely left it there by mistake, she dried her hands on a towel and picked up the locket and opened it to reveal the photo of her parents, but only Kayla was pictured with them

Seeing the photo was making Ramona feel worse about herself, she remembered not being able to be there that same day the photo was taken, she had gone off doing her own things. But every time she sees the photo was making her question whether of not she should of stayed there to be in the photo. And as she clenched onto the locket, she could feel her heart starting to crack as her eyes began to water. Throughout her life she has thought about whether her family would be better off without her, she remembers barely being there for any of their family occasions, from birthdays to picnics, she was never there.

And now, as she felt a tear drip down her cheek, all she could think about was running away again, only this time, she doesn't return. And as she looked up at her reflection in the mirror, she watched as her eyes turned a bright yellow and growl escaped her mouth.

As soon as it has gotten dark, Ramona hasn't left her seat against a tree while hugging her knees against her chest and letting more tears flow down her cheeks as she gave a sniff. Her only evidence of innocence had disappeared, and now, she knew she would most likely get her freedom taken away. She then looked up into the sky at the now full moon, which was the time wolves like her were more powerful, but she didn't feel powerful at the moment, all she felt was weakness.

But as she continued to look at the moon, she suddenly felt a strange feeling running through her body. Her vision suddenly got blurry, and her blood was pumping with energy, even more than usual. Having no idea on what she was feeling, she forced herself to stand up and her legs started to weaken, but she managed to steady herself. As she kept trying to figure out what was going on with her, she didn't hear the footsteps form behind as Channing appeared, wondering what she was doing.

"Uh, are you okay?" he asked.

But she didn't reply as she started to let out some growls while hunching over and pressing her palms into both sides of her head. Fearing that he should run, Channing began to slowly step back while keeping his watch on Ramona, but as he did, he suddenly stepped on a twig making a crack sound which caught her attention as she turned to him with her eyes a bright yellow, her fangs showing while growling, and her claws out as if ready to attack.

Channing has seen her like this, but as she kept on growling and grunting at him while staring at him with her piercing eyes, he was starting to see that something wasn't right.

"Hey" he held his hands up "Take it easy, I was just about to leave."

But at that moment Ramona gave a loud snarl while raising her claws up at him as Channing quickly held his arms up in front of him as she swung down her claws against his skin as he yelled in pain while clenching his arm. Pain was now running through his body as Channing turned to his arm to see that it was covered with deep scratches that were oozing out blood. Full of shock at what Ramona just did, he turned to her to see that she no longer looked threatened, but instead socked as well.

His scratches were deep as he kept his other hand on them, she thought she was imagining things, but that's when she noticed the blood on her claws and fingers. This wasn't a dream, she had attacked Channing. Both of them were speechless as Ramona began to back away slowly, and with that she took off, not wanting to look what at the disaster she just caused.