Ch.58 Impossible hate

"I can't believe this!" Jenna exclaimed after pulling away from Kellen "Two of my friends appearing in the same day? Unbelievable!"

"Well you better believe it" Kellen chuckled just as Thomas got up and made his way to them.

"Oh" Jenna turned to him "Thomas this is Kellen, and Kellen this is Thomas."

"Nice to meet you" Kellen smiled while holding out his hand towards Thomas.

"Uh, you too" Thomas gave an awkward smile as they shook hands.

"So you're the son of Tom Thumb huh? Nina's told me about you."

"Really?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, she talked about how cool you were."

"I am?"

"Yes you are" Jenna giggled while nudging his arm.

"Well I'll leave you guys to it" Elena announced as she got into her car and drove off.

"So she thinks you're hot huh?" she turned to Kellen.

"Apparently so" he gave a small chuckle.

"Well I should tell you that she has a boyfriend, so don't make any moves on her."

"Don't worry, I wont" he promised in a wink.

Seeing him wink at Jenna made Thomas feel another pit in his stomach as he tried to ignore it.

"Well then-" she spoke "Now that we're all together, let's enjoy ourselves. Kellen, you have got to try the muffins at this bakery, they're amazing. Come on."

As they went into the bakery, Thomas awkwardly followed behind. Seeing how happy she was with Kellen made him wonder if she preferred him more.

(Flashback) Continuing down the trail, Nina and Kellen continued to talk while strolling down the garden.

"So you're really a prince huh?" she questioned.

"I am" he smiled "And do you consider yourself a princess since your mother married a fairy prince?"

"Well technically I am one, but I don't really feel like one, and I don't mind."

"So you don't get treated like a princess at school?"

"Not all the times, although they mainly focus on the more popular princesses, Apple White as an example."

"Oh right."

Soon they made it to the edge of the garden as they stopped.

"Well here we are" Kellen announced "You know how to find your way back?"

"I do" she nodded.

"Well then-" he smiled as he gently scooped her hand up into his "It was nice meeting you, I hope we can meet each other again."

And with that he placed a small peck on her hand as she gave a small smile while feeling herself blush.

"Perhaps someday when I'm free" she replied while pulling her hand away "And maybe you can meet Thomas and we can all hang out."

"I'd like that."

After saying their goodbyes, Nina stepped out from the garden where she grew into her full human size as she began towards the school. Once there she made her way to the school's garden center where she saw Ashlynn Ella watering some flowers as she ran up to her with excitement.

"Ashlynn" she grinned while jumping "Ashlynn."

"Well you seem happy today" Ashlynn remarked in a smile.

"I am" she continued to grin "Because I kinda met someone."

"Someone huh? Let me guess- it's a boy?"

"A really gorgeous one" she giggled.

"No way" Ashlynn gasped with a smile.

"Oh yes way, he's a fairy prince, and I think he's already into me."

"Oh my God" she grinned "Well what does this mean? Are you guys gonna go on a date or what?"

"Well we just met so not at the moment, but maybe someday."

"Well when you do I wanna meet him" Ashlynn put in with a smile "Cause I have never seen you fall for anyone before."

"Yeah I'm surprised myself. But once again, we just met, I need to know him some more."

"Well do you want any advice?"

"Nah I think I got it."

"Well, I don't know what else to say but- good luck I guess."

"That will do" Nina smiled.

After their day of hanging out, Jenna and her two friends made their way to the diner where they stopped out front as Elena who was sitting at a table began to talk.

"You guys had fun?" she asked with a smile.

"We did" Jenna smiled back while turning to the two "I really missed hanging with you guys. I'm so glad you two are here."

"Well it's gonna get some used to without having my wings" Kellen put in.

"Oh yeah that's happens" she agreed "At least you're not the only one."

At that point Elena noticed that Thomas didn't appear very happy as he kept his watch on Jenna and Kellen, knowing that there was something on his mind.

"So you guys wanna get some dinner here?" Jenna asked them.

They agreed as they headed towards the door when Elena stopped Thomas.

"Thomas" she said "Can we speak for a moment?"

"Uh..." he replied, not knowing why she wanted to talk to him "I- I guess."

He took the seat in front of her as she began to speak.

"I noticed that you didn't seem very happy when Nina was talking to Kellen."

"Uh- what?" he replied while trying to hide his guilt.

"Don't hide it, I saw it happen. Now remember when you told me that you may or may not have feelings for Nina?"

"Um, can we not talk about this?" he asked nervously.

"Look-" she breathed "I don't wanna pressure you or anything, but at first you seemed happy after being reunited with Nina, but now that Kellen's here, you seem pretty jealous."

"Jealous?' he doubted with a fake smile "Me?"

She gave him a frown.

"Okay" he sighed feeling defeated "Maybe I am a little jealous. It's just- Nina and I have been friends since childhood, we were pretty much inseparable. But now that Kellen's here and she's seems more attached to him, I guess I'm just scared of losing her."

Elena gave a small smile "You're not losing her Thomas."

"But what if I am?" he put in nervously "I mean you saw how attractive Kellen is, it's obvious she's attracted to him."

"Well you're cute too."

He gave a deep sigh while looking down.

"I wanna hate him" he confessed "But he's so nice and friendly that it's impossible to hate him."

"Then don't, it will only make things worse. I suggest that if you notice that Nina really is falling for him, then tell her how you feel before it's too late."

He bit his lip nervously. Perhaps she was right, he needed to tell Jenna, but first he had to make sure nothing was going on between her and Kellen.