Ch.75 Burn

Having no idea how long she's been out, Isabelle began to feel her eyes open in a droopy way when her vision suddenly caught something. She spotted a tall figure working at a table, and when she fully opened her eyes, she realized that it was witch, and she was rolling out some pie crust. As she looked around, she realized she was locked in a small cage in the kitchen of the bakery, and Matt was next to her in another small cage as he began to wake up.

"Oh man" she breathed with fear "Oh man oh man oh man."

Meanwhile out in the front of the bakery, Tara had gotten herself up as she frantically looked around for Matt and Isabelle. And when she tried to enter the kitchen, she found that it was locked.

"Matt! Isabelle!" she called while pounding on the door.

"Tara!" Isabelle screamed.

"I'm gonna get you guys out!"

"Good luck with that Miss Breadhouse!" the witch called out with doubt "Without your keys it's useless!"

At that point Tara felt her pockets and found that her keys were gone like the witch had said. After groaning with disappointment, she looked around for anything that could get the door to open, but nothing.

And inside the cage, Matt and Isabelle frantically tried to find a way out of the cage, but the locks were so sturdy that even picking them would be almost impossible.

"Like before" the witch suddenly came up to Isabelle "Ladies first."

And with that she pulled out a key that unlocked the cage as she grabbed onto Isabelle's arm tightly and yanked her out of the cage as Matt watched her place the key onto a hook on her belt.

"Yes" the witch sneered while squeezing her arms "Nice and tender. Perfect."

But just as she was about to pull Isabelle towards the table, Matt knew this was his chance as he reached out and quickly grabbed onto the key and pulled it off the hook as he clutched it in his hand, now he just needed the perfect time to use it. But with the witch in the room, it seemed almost impossible to do so without her spotting him. Having to wait until she wasn't looking, he just watch in fear as the witch pulled out a pair of old handcuffs as she used one side to cuff onto Isabelle's wrist and the other to a nearby pole.

After that the two watched as the witch picked up a large butcher knife and began sharpening it, in view for them to see as their hearts raced rapidly, hoping that help will come as soon as possible.

But still out front, Tara began searching in the cupboards below the counter as she pulled out different kinds of herbs and potions. Even though she was more of a baker and didn't have any evil in her, she was technically still a witch, and every witch needs her herbs and potions, at least for emergencies. After scattering through the bottles, Tara finally found one that she hoped will work.

"Please work" she begged as she opened the bottle and dumped the fluid onto the door handle of the kitchen and watched as it began to dissolve from the acid.

Once the door handle had completely dissolve, Tara gained up all of her strength to kick on the door, sending it flying open as she ran inside to find that the witch had stop sharpening her knife to look up at her. At that moment Tara knew that there was going to be a fight, and she was ready for it.

"Well-" the witch sneered "You managed to get in, how did you do it?"

"If you wanna fight someone fight me" Tara declared "Just let them go."

The witch gave a small cackle as she slowly headed towards her with the knife still in her hand.

"You really wanna go against me cupcake girl?" she mocked "What are you gonna do, put me in a sugar coma?"

"I would but- that would be too easy."

The witch gave a snicker as she aimed the knife at Tara's throat.

"And you're too easy to kill" she stated with a sneaky smile.

"I may be pretty worthless, but in case you forgot, I'm still a witch, and what is every witch's weakness?"

"What?"

At that moment Tara held up her now opened hand as she blew the salt she was hiding into the witch's face as she screamed in pain while dropping her knife to clutch her eyes. With the knife down, Tara sent a hard kick to the witch's stomach as she fell back and crashed onto the table knocking it over. At that point Matt knew this was the time to use the key as he unlocked himself from the cage and stepped out.

As he made his way to free Isabelle, the witch had gotten back up just as Tara tried to pick up the knife when the witch flew towards her and wrapped her hand around her throat while pushing her against the wall. Tara tried to gasp for air while trying to pry the witch's hand off as she felt her boney hand squeeze harder.

"Might as well see what you will taste like" the witch snarled just as Matt and Isabelle grabbed onto the witch's arms and yanked her away from Tara as they threw her into a shelf knocking her and the shelf down as Matt pulled opened the oven.

Knowing what needed to be done, the two along with Tara pulled the witch up and using all of their strengths together managed to shove her into the oven and closed it.

"Now for the grande finale" Matt announced as he turned on the oven to the highest degree.

They all stepped back while listening the sounds of the witch screaming to be let out while pounding on the oven door.

"I can't watch" Tara turned away as the witch could feel the heat getting higher.

"Yeah that's right you burn bitch!" Isabelle exclaimed as the witch's scream got louder.

Everyone felt chills down their spine as they listened to the witch's screams of being burned alive in the oven.

"Remind me to get a new oven after this!" Tara put in with her back still turned to the scene.

After a while, not knowing how long it had been, the witch's screams finally came to a stop, and then there was silence besides everyone's heavy breathing.

"Well I'm scarred for life now" Tara remarked.