Ch.34 Not the same

(Flashback) On a Saturday afternoon in a section of the woods near a place called Hood Hollow, Ramona Badwolf knelled down to the ground with her hands placed down in front as she stared into the yellow eyes of a grey wolf who sat still in front of her. Neither of them moved as they kept their eyes on each other, that is until Ramona blinked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Man you're good at this" she remarked as her eyes watered from the dryness.

The wolf then went up to her and nuzzled against her neck as she smiled and stroked its fur.

"I'm sorry, I wish I can play some more" she said "But I have to get back, perhaps later."

After petting the wolf one last time, Ramona stood up, stretched out her body, and sped off through the woods. Being part wolf, Ramona enjoyed feeling the need for a run, especially with her special speed to guide her. But as she was running, she soon came to a stop when a scent caught her nose, turning her head, she spotted a cottage with a pen next to it, a pen containing some ducks, chickens, and some sheep. And soon a smirk spread across her face as she made it way to the pen.

"Let's see what's on the menu today" she spoke while gazing at the animals "Should I do birds or mammals? Oh wait, chickens aren't birds. Let's see here..."

She taped her finger on the wooden gate while thinking about which animal to take, and once she had decided, she gave a sneaky grin while using her hands on the gate to leap over the gate and into the pen where the animals backed away from her.

"Come here you little duckies" she grinned while exposing her fangs.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" she suddenly heard a voice from behind.

Already knowing who it was, Ramona gave a small groan as she turned around to see a young guy aiming a silver arrow at her with his crossbow as he kept his stern eyes on her.

"Hello Channing" Ramona greeted with her fangs still out while putting her hands on her hips "You know you shouldn't point things at people, it's very rude."

"And you shouldn't be in here" he put in with a frown "It's considered trespassing."

"Relax I wasn't gonna do anything."

"I know you were going to steal one of my ducks, I literally heard you say it."

"Touche."

"Just get out of here, my father will be here soon, and you know what he could do to wolves."

She gave a slight frown before running and jumping over the fence as she landed on her feet.

"I might have to change this fence to a silver one" he grunted.

"Like you could afford a silver fence" she doubted as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"No offense" she smirked before sprinting off.

Once she was gone, Channing put down his crossbow while turning to the fence.

"Perhaps at least a silver coating" he stated while running his fingers across the gate.

That night, instead of being home, Ramona went out to the Storybrooke park where took a seat on a park bench while munching on a chili hot dog as some of the chili spread over her chin.

"What are you doing out here?" she turned around to see Scott.

"You can say I'm a Night Owl" she replied with her mouth full.

"You got a little-" he motioned her chin as she wiped the chili off.

"Yeah us wolves are messy eaters" she stated.

"I can see that" he agreed while walking up to her "Mind if I join?"

She patted the spot next to her as he took a seat.

"Why are you out here?" she asked.

"I just closed up the shelter and was on my way home when I saw you and thought you'd might like some company."

"Thanks" she gave a small smile "I was getting pretty lonely out here."

He smiled back as they turned to the pond in front of them as they watched the ducks swim.

"Those ducks sure look good to eat" Ramona spoke while licking her lips "Too bad I can't catch one."

"Do you still hunt your own food?"

She sighed "I haven't been doing it lately, ever since I arrived in this town I haven't been feeling like myself."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well-" she sighed "I haven't felt like the alpha wolf I've always been, I haven't been hunting, I suddenly lost interest in running, and I'm craving fully cooked meat, which scares me because I usually prefer it rare."

She then showed him her haft eaten hot dog "You see what I mean?"

"I do" he nodded "And do you know why you're feeling like this?"

"Could be because I'm in a town that isn't Ever After."

"That's it?"

She sighed "No. To be honest, ever since I was reunited with my dad and sister, I've been feeling like I don't fit in, actually I've never felt like I've fit it."

"What are you talking about?" Scott doubted "Of course you fit in, if there's anyone who doesn't fit in it's Kayla, don't tell her I said that by the way, and she's not complaining about it."

"Well that's because everyone knows her secret now" she frowned "Including Milton Grimm, and since the whole 'destiny' thing is a fake, she doesn't have to worry about disappearing anymore."

"Then why are you feeling like you don't fit in?"

She gave a deep sigh "It's hard to explain. You should probably go, you shouldn't stay out too late."

He returned with a small sigh as he stood up "Very well, and hey if you ever wanna talk we're all here for you okay?"

She gave a promise nod as they said goodnight before he parted off. Now alone again, Ramona turned back to her haft eaten hot dog as she finished it off. And after swallowing it, she thought about what she told Scott about feeling like she didn't fit in anymore. She slumped down against the bench, not knowing if she should tell her family about it.

All of a sudden she heard rustles from behind as she sprang up and turned around, only to see nothing.

"Hello?" she called out, no answer.

She gave a sniff hoping to catch a scent, but it was bare. Deciding that she should go somewhere else, she got up from the bench and began down the sidewalk while looking around to see if she was being watch, not knowing the same eyes that had watched her before was doing the same thing.