Ch.64 Brenna

(Flashback) Since it was Saturday, Melody Piper decided it would be a good day to visit her hometown in Hamelin Germany. It had been years since she last visited Hamelin with her father the Pied Piper, and since she didn't have school, it was a perfect time.

The town hasn't changed much since she last visited it, besides the fact that technology now runs through the town like any other. And ever since her father's story, there hasn't been a single rat infestation for years. No one knows why, all they could say is that they're just hiding, waiting for a chance to strike again.

As they strolled down the busy streets, everyone took their chance to wave at her and her father as they passed through. It took them a while to accept him after what he did during his story, but that was in the past, everyone had gotten over it.

"So what are we going to do first?" Melody asked her father.

"Well I have to go to a meeting" he replied "And I have no idea how long it's going to be."

"So I'm pretty much on my own?"

"Correct."

"Sweet" she sneered "I'm gonna go check out the woods."

"Don't stay out too long" he warned "You know what happens once the sun goes down."

"I know" she groaned "A bunch of wild animals come out to go hunting for little girls like me, at least that's what you told me when I was young."

"Good you remembered" he smiled "And do you remember the other thing I told you?"

"Don't go near the river."

"Correct."

Once she off, Melody made her way into the woods, remembering her father's warnings. It was dead quiet, not even a single bird chirp was heard. Not knowing why it was so silent, Melody just shrugged it off as she headed deeper into the woods. But that's when she suddenly heard it, a faint, beautiful, violin sound. Wondering where it was coming from, she followed the sound as it got louder, and when she found herself at the river, that's when she saw who was playing the music.

Standing on a flat rock in the middle of the flowing river in such a graceful posture, there stood a girl with long red hair with braided sections, she was dressed in a shamrock green sparkling short gown with green eye makeup to match with gold accents. She had a pair of sheer gold wings growing out of her back, and she was playing the violin that sung a beautiful tune.

Not wanting to bother her while she was still playing, Melody continued to watch with amusement and listen to the music that sent a soothing feeling to her body. Like the fairy she too could play the violin, but she knew the fairy played more beautiful. And once the fairy was done playing, Melody couldn't help but applaud.

"Wow" she smiled as the fairy turned to her with a surprised look "That was beautiful."

"Uh, how long have you been standing there?" the fairy asked in an accent while letting the violin rest by her side.

"Long enough to know how great you play" Melody replied still smiling "You were wonderful."

"Thank you" she smiled "It's been a while since I've played for someone."

"Why's that?"

"Well as you can see, I'm not exactly human."

"So? At my school there's fairies everywhere."

"Yeah well not here, if anyone sees me they'll freak, I'm the only fairy here."

"Oh" Melody responded a bit astonished "Well uh, where are you from? Because by your accent I don't think you're from here."

"I'm not, I'm from Ireland. But I had to flee when my forest got attacked, and then I got separated from my group and now I'm stuck here and I don't know how to get home."

"Seriously?" Melody raised an eyebrow "I though all fairies knew how to get home."

"Well not me" the fairy sighed while slumping her shoulder "I'm not very good with directions."

"Oh well, I'm sorry to hear that, but that doesn't mean you should give up."

"Well what else can I do?"

"I don't know at the moment, but maybe I can help you."

"How?"

"I'll think of something, but until then, you have to teach me how to play that song."

"Oh" the fairy remarked "You can play?"

"Yeah, I also play different types of instruments, the flute mainly and turntables, but I also like playing the violin. So can you tech me?"

"I guess so."

"Great" Melody smiled "I'm Melody by the way."

"Brenna" she smiled back.

"Well Brenna, when can we start?"

"Maybe later this evening, you can meet up with me at the front of the woods, and you have to bring your own violin."

"Got it, I'll be there."

"Excellent" Brenna grinned "I'll see you then, I actually have to go now."

"Okay, see you later."

After biding farewell, Melody watched as Brenna flew off with her violin as she disappeared into the sky. But while flying, Brenna looked down to see a moving carriage passing down a trail. She gave a sneaky grin as she flew down and landed quietly behind the trees as she peered out to see that besides the coachman, only one person was in the carriage.

When she was ready to make her move, she walked out from the trees and in front of the carriage blocking the way as the coachman made the horse stop. He tried to talk, but he was speechless when he saw that she was a fairy. Now that she had them blocked, Brenna brought her violin up and began to play soothing tune, a tune that once it struck their eyes, they were now under her control.

She played as the man inside the carriage stepped out still under her control as he placed his wallet, pocket watch, and bag of coins in front of her. After making him go back into the carriage, Brenna gathered up the contents with her fairy magic while stepping out of the way, and at that point she played a loud hard tune that caused the horse to neigh before taking off running as the coachman tried to steady it.

When they were far enough, Brenna stopped playing her violin as she gave a snicker before heading back into the woods with the man's riches she just stole.