Ch.67 Rat attack

(Flashback) By the time morning arrived, Melody had gathered enough iron to protect her from Brenna thanks to the kind salesman. She slid on an iron ring along with a iron cuff, in front of her on her bed laid a dagger made from iron, and besides her bed laid a net made of iron chains. Now all she had to do was figure out a way to use them on Brenna, and that was going to be a challenge.

"Melody!" she heard her father call from downstairs "I'm going out, I'll be back in an hour!"

"Okay!" she called back.

After making sure he was gone, she gathered up the iron net and dagger and headed out where she heaved the iron net with her arms and made her way to the shop where she got the iron items.

"Hey salesman!" she called out to the man who was sweeping outside.

"Well if it isn't Miss Piper" he smiled "Let me guess, you need my help setting up the net?"

"Well yes, but first I was hoping if you could help me come up with an idea on where to put it."

"Well that depends on where the fairy likes to be, where does she hang out often?"

"Um, I met her at the river."

"Excellent, we can set it there."

"But how exactly are we gonna set it without her seeing? And should we like set a bait or something?"

"Oh no, fairies can be clever, they usually know when they're about to walk into a trap. Which is why we disguise the trap, and perhaps find another way to lure her in."

"Okay well um..." she began to think "How do you suppose we do that?"

"I'm not sure yet, but I know I'll think of something."

"So um-" she began to say when the iron net began to sore her arms as she set it down and feeling the relief run through "What do you suggest I do until then?"

"Easy, don't go into the woods, and avoid her."

"But what if she tries to use her magic on me?"

"There's a thing called earplugs" he smirked "Very effective."

She smirked back. As she began to head back leaving the net behind in the man's car until it was time to set it, she was about to head back when she heard a familiar voice from behind.

"You know it's not gonna be easy trapping me."

And just as she suspected- Brenna.

"Don't ask how I found out" she smirked "I find out many things different ways."

"And to think I actually admired you" Melody frowned with her arms crossed "Were you planning on using your violin on me too?"

"I don't know, you don't really have anything I want. Although, you are wearing an iron ring and cuff, that salesman must be really helpful."

"Tell me the truth Brenna" Melody demanded "How did you really get here? And why? Because I'm starting to think you weren't forced to flee from an attack, you were banished weren't you?"

"What makes you say I was banished?"

"The salesman, he knows about you more than me, and he know that there's only one Irish fairy with a magic violin in the world, and that happens to be you. Plus he had a friend who's been to Ireland before at about the same time your forest got 'attacked', but he's never seen an attack on the forest, so therefor you and your clan weren't forced to leave. And being the selfish fairy you are, your kind couldn't stand you anymore, and so they banished you and you somehow ended up here with no way to go back because you said so yourself, you're not good with directions."

"Well you're very observant" Brenna commented with a smirk.

"And by the way" Melody added "You do realized you're out in public, you said that people would freak if they see you. And what do you know, they're already doing it."

Brenna turned to see that everyone had their wide eyes turned to her, not moving an inch to admire the creature in front of them.

"Oh I know that" she told Melody "But I don't mind at this moment."

"What do you mean?"

"What I'm about to do deserves all the attention."

And with that she brought her violin up and began to play fast tune before Melody could even speak. She expected to find herself doing something embarrassing, but instead she began to hear little scattered of feet, and when she looked down, she was shocked to see a swarm of rats heading her way. And before she had a chance to run inside, she could feel them crawling onto her and all over her body as she screamed in terror.

Everyone watch in horror as Melody tried to shake the rats off of her while feeling there feet run across her body while also trying to shield them from her face. Unlike everyone else, Brenna watched in delight as the rats continued to attack Melody for another minute until she decided it was enough as she played a softer tune as the rats began to crawl off of Melody and away from the people.

With her heart still racing, her clothes and hair now a mess and breathing heavily, Melody felt the embarrassment and anger rise in her blood while ignoring everyone's eyes on her as she turned to Brenna.

"I thought you didn't mind rats" she smirked before flying off.

Now furious by Brenna's actions, Melody continued to huff with wrath before shouting-

"Does anyone know where I can get a rabies shot?!"

After being directed by a towns person, she began her way towards the doctors while shaking from the experience. Now she knew that Brenna had crossed the line with her, and she was going to get her back.