Ch.4 Sudden burst

Today was the first day of my new job (and I already hate it), so I wont be able to post a chapter until around this time.

(Flashback) One afternoon at Ever After High and in an empty Fashion Design class, Farrah Goodfairy was working on a gown on a mannequin as she added some ribbons to the side.

"Clydesdale" she called out to her pet mouse "Would you be a dear and hand me that needle?"

Following his owner's order, the mouse picked up the sewing needle, pretended it was a sword for a bit, and then handed it to her.

"Thank you my little musketeer" she smiled as he gave a bow.

Now with the needle, she tied to thick blue string to it and began to sew the ribbon onto the dress just as the door opened as Cedar Wood entered with a drawing pad in her arms.

"Hey Farrah" she greeted with a smile "I got those drawings you wanted."

"Oh thanks" Farrah thanked "Just set them on the table."

As she did so, Farrah took a step back to examine her design.

"It looks great" Cedar commented with a smile.

"I feel like it's missing something though" Farrah stated "But what?"

As she began to think, Cedar looked around and spotted a silver sequence vest on a hanger as she took it down.

"Will this do it?" she asked Farrah.

"Yes!" the fairy exclaimed with a smile as she took the vest and placed it on the mannequin completing the look "It's perfect, thanks Cedar."

"Well all you gotta do is look around for inspiration" Cedar smiled.

"Thanks" Farrah giggle, feeling a bit embarrassed that she didn't do so.

"So what are you doing today?"

"I have to go home and help my mom with some fairy problem, I wont be back till later tonight, hopefully before midnight."

"Alright. Although you might wanna hurry, I heard it's gonna rain later."

"Well thanks for the reminder. And if anyone asks, tell them I'm at my home."

"Got it" she promised.

Once she was outside, Farrah looked up at the sky and could already see rain clouds forming.

"Looks like I better hurry" she declared while spreading out her silver wings and took off flying through the sky.

But while doing so, she suddenly a presence of someone else flying next to her.

"Well where is Ms. Goodfairy heading off to this time?" she turned and was face to face with Faybelle Thorn, daughter of the Dark Fairy who was flying next to her.

"My home" Farrah replied "I have to help my mother with something."

"Does it have to do with the Blue Fairy?"

At that point Farrah froze in mid air "How did you know about that?"

"I'm on my way there right now. Apparently the Blue Fairy has a theory that her daughter may still be alive."

"Are you serious?" Farrah gasped.

"Do I look serious to you?" Faybelle questioned in an obvious tone.

Farrah couldn't believe what she just heard, the Blue Fairy's daughter who everyone assumed disappeared may still be alive.

"I can't believe this" she breathed surprised "But, why does the Blue Fairy assume so?"

"That's what we're gonna find out. Now come on, last one to the Fairy Mansion is a rotten dragon egg."

And with that she zipped off flying as Farrah gave a small laugh before following her.

Now with the Revealer Rays, Brooke made her way back to Lakeside Mansion where she entered the room to see Danny with her ear pressed against the door.

"Anything?" she asked.

"It was shaking earlier" he stated "But it hasn't shook in like 30 minutes so I'm trying to see if I can hear anything."

"And...?"

"Nothing" he sighed while stepping back "You got the Revealer Rays?"

"Right here" she pulled out Francis's Revealer Rays that her father had given her during Thronecoming.

The glasses had the ability to detect any lies and reveal anything that's hidden, specifically in plain sight.

"Alright" he declared while taking the rays "Let's see if this works."

Once he had slid the rays on, the little blue fairy that guides the wearer flew around the Enchanted Door while pointing at it. And as Danny continued to watch, the fairy then outlined the frame with her finger as the crack under the door began to glow. And at that moment he saw a faint outline behind the door  of what appeared to be a group of people.

"You see anything?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah" he replied while taking the glasses off "Turns out there is a bunch of people on the other side trying to get it. But it wouldn't show me who they were."

"Should we still open it?"

"I don't think so. Get Mira and Delilah here first, they may know what to do."

"On it. And um, I'm gonna need those back."

After getting the Revealer Rays back, Brooke made her way out the room. Once she was gone, Danny turned back to the door, expecting it to shake again. Thinking it wasn't going to in a while, he went to a nearby desk where he had placed his spell book opened to a certain page as he read over the spells.

But while doing so, he didn't notice the black and purple aura steaming out from the crack under the door. And while that was happening, the door knob began to shake catching his attention as he turned the door just as it began to slightly shake. Seeing the aura, he quickly made his way to the door as he continued to shake.

And and at that moment he suddenly heard voices from behind the door, but not knowing what they were saying, he tried to put his ear against the door. But it was no luck due to the door constantly shaking. But as he pulled out his phone to try to call Brooke, the door began to shake heavily, and soon more strongly by the second. He took some steps back, fearing that it may burst.

And just as he expected, the door burst open in a loud slam as he felt a strong force knock him into the wall as he fell to the floor with a thud. But due to his head hitting against the wall, he could feel himself began to pass out. And right before he did, he saw figures of people entering through the door in a rapid speed as if they weren't human at all. He barely had enough time to see who they were as everything went black.