Ch.8 Fairy search

(Flashback) Still in the puppet coach, Faybelle and Farrah continued to shiver from the rain as goosebumps covered their skin. Their clothes and hair were still damp and their wings still crushed and hurting.

"Shouldn't we of gotten to school by now?" Faybelle questioned while shivering.

"I don't know" Farrah shivered "How long has it been?"

"How should I know? I wasn't paying attention."

Now having a bad feeling in her gut, Farrah went over to the window on the door and peeked out, and to her horror, she saw their school in the back, and they were driving rather away from it. Her heart began to pound in fear when a sudden thought came to her.

"Whoa wait a minute" her eyes widen as she began to point out "Donkeys, creepy marionette puppets, short man in a suit."

At that point she came to realize what had happened she gasped.

"What is it?" Faybelle asked as she began to grow nervous "What's going on?"

"I'll tell you what's going on, we're being kidnapped by the Coachman from Pinocchio!"

Faybelle's eyes widen and jaw dropped.

"Well that explains a lot" she concluded with shock.

Farrah tried to open the door to see if they could jump out and run, but just as she thought the door had been locked.

"Faybelle you got enough power to blast the door open?" she asked while her heart continued to beat rapidly.

"No" Faybelle replied with a scared look.

"Then look for something to break the windows, maybe we can reach out and unlock the door."

They began to search the coach for anything to use to break the windows, both fearing of the Coachman hearing them and if he'll do something to prevent them from escaping.

"I got it" Faybelle held up a crowbar she found inside one of the trunks.

But right before she could use it on the window, the coach suddenly stopped as they froze. But instead of sitting back back, they waited near the door with Faybelle still gripping the crowbar and getting ready to strike. And as they waited, they began to hear voices outside. They could hear the Coachman talking to some people, but they couldn't tell who they were and what they were saying.

"What are they saying?" Faybelle whispered.

"I don't know" Farrah whispered back when they began to hear footsteps heading towards the door.

With the crowbar still in her hands, Faybelle got ready to strike just in case as they listened to the door being unlocked. And as it swung open, Faybelle raised the crowbar as the girl who opened the door shielded her face with her arms.

"Cedar?" Farrah gasped as Faybelle put the crowbar down.

"You two okay?" she asked while putting her arms down.

"Yeah" Farrah breathed in relief as they stepped out and noticed that two police officers had placed the Coachman into their cop carriage.

"How did you find us?" Faybelle asked.

"Thank him" Cedar smiled as she held out her hand to a bush as a cricket jumped into her palm.

"Greetings ladies" he greeted while tipping his top hat as Cedar placed him on her shoulder.

"Is that a talking cricket?" Faybelle raised an eyebrow.

"This is Jiminy Cricket" Cedar introduced "My father's oldest friend. He saw you two getting into the Coachman's carriage and he flew over and warned me and I got the cops involved."

"Well it's a good thing you did" Farrah smiled "We need to get to a fairy doctor now."

"I can see why" Cedar pointed to their wings "Don't worry, we'll get you a lift. And my advice to you guys, I wouldn't fly in the rain at all."

They nodded in agreement. And as they headed to the other carriage, Cedar turned to the Coachman who gave her a death glare. But she just gave a smirk and wave before stepping into the carriage.

Now with the Blue Fairy dust, Danielle and Natalie stood on the sidewalk near Main Street as Danielle held up the bag.

"You think this is gonna work?" Natalie questioned.

"It's worth a shot" Danielle sighed as she held up the Blue Fairy's wand in her other hand "Hold out your hand."

As she did so, Danielle poured a bit of the dust into her palm, and using the wand, she waved it over the dust and it began to glow. Soon the dust began to float out of her hand as it floated away from them.

"Come on" Danielle ordered as they followed the dust.

Hoping it'll lead them to Hope, they followed the dust throughout the streets. But instead of it leading them to their Blue Fairy's daughter, it led them to an ally between two buildings where they spotted more blue fairy dust on the ground and some on the wall.

"Great" Natalie remarked disappointed "It led us to an empty ally."

"But look at the dust" Danielle pointed to the blue dust "Hope was definitely here."

"Can you tell where she went?"

"I'm afraid not" she sighed "There's no footprints or any other trails."

"Then where could she be?"

________

At Lakeside Mansion and in an office, Danny sat behind the desk with a journal in front of him as he wrote down an entry.

"Okay" he spoke to the person sitting in front of him "So you just saw the door appear in front of you just like that?"

"Yeah" the girl mumbled "I don't know where it came from."

"And what made you decide to open it?"

"I was hoping it would take me away from the Dark Realm."

His eyes widen "The Dark Realm? What were you doing there?"

"It's a long story" she sighed "It's just the door appeared to be an escape route, and a friend of mine helped me escaped while he stayed back."

"I'm sorry to hear that" he remarked sadly "The Dark Realm is a place no one should be in."

"We didn't have any time, the door looked like it was going to vanish and we didn't know if it'll show up again. So he allowed me to go first, and I'm still hoping he'll show up."

"Well don't stop hoping, you'll see him again."

He then wrote some more in the journal.

"So what was your name again?" he asked.

"Hope" she answered "Hope Blue."

"Nice to meet you Hope. And don't worry, I'm gonna do everything I can to help."