Ch.50 Heartless princess

Drawing of Stella by HubbyBubby14

After Darling had ran off, Chase was able to find her sitting on the steps in front of her house with a glum look.

"There you are" he breathed in relief as he went up to her.

"Shouldn't you be smoothing with Lil?" she scowled.

"Would you stop that?" he ordered "That little kiss you saw was an accident, she tripped and our lips just happened to touch."

"Oh accident huh?" she doubted "Just happened to touch huh?"

"Oh that's enough" he declared "You need to stop being jealous of Lil, there is nothing going on between us and you need to believe that."

"And why should I?" she questioned as her eyes began to water "She was the first girl you loved, you're first girlfriend."

"Well she's not the girl I love, it's you, why else did I break up with her? I don't want her back, I'm with you and that's all that matters."

But Darling just gave a sniff while avoiding eye contact.

"Look-" he sighed while taking a seat next to her "The reason I broke up with her was because I realized she wasn't my type, I like girls who challenge me and aren't afraid of an adventure, and when I met you, I realized that I found the one. I never want anything to come between us, especially not my first love."

"Well then you need to tell her that" she ordered "She needs to stop being all flirty with you."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh it's so obvious" she scowled "The way she looks at you with those google eyes, the way she touches you in a seductive way, and I don't even think she's really that nice, I was told that underneath that happy face is a heartless soul."

"Ilene told you that didn't she?" he stated dully "Well she can say whatever she wants, but I don't believe it."

"Fine" she grunted while standing up "Believe that you want, but just so you know, I'll never like Lil, never."

And with that she headed to her front door.

"Darling hold on" he stood up as she stopped "If you don't want to be around Lil then you don't have to, but just because you don't like her doesn't mean I'll stop hanging with her, because like I said before, she's still one of my friends."

But that just made her frown before opening the door.

"Wait" he stopped her again "If it makes you feel any better, how about we go to dinner tonight at the 'Giant's Castle'? It can either be you and me, or we can even bring our siblings."

"Will Lil be there?" she frowned.

"Even if she is I don't want there to be any trouble with the both of you" he declared "You got that?"

She bit her lip while looking down.

"So what do you say?" he asked.

She just gave a sigh "I'll think about it."

And with that she went inside and closed the door. Now alone, Chase was getting more worried about her, he's never seen her this jealous, and he didn't know what to do about it.

"Hey" he turned to see Lil walking towards him "Everything okay?"

"I don't think so" he sighed "Darling seems really pissed."

"Did you explain to her that the kiss was an accident."

"I did but, I don't think she believes it."

Lil then gave a sigh "Look I'm really sorry about that, I was just getting up to go to the restroom and I must of tripped, I didn't mean for any of that to happen."

"I know, but Darling doesn't think so."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"Well I asked her if she would like to go have dinner at the 'Giant's Castle' tonight, and now I'm just waiting for an answer."

"What are you gonna do if she says no?"

He gave a small sigh "I don't know, I'll just wait and see I guess."

And with that he walked off. And inside her house, Darling watched outside the window as her boyfriend walked off, leaving Lil behind. But when Lil turned to her window and made eye contact with her, she watched as Lil gave a sneaky smirk before forming a heart with her hands and broke it apart to indicate a broken heart making Darling more shocked.

She had a feeling the kiss wasn't an accident, and she just witnessed Lil taunting her from afar as she walked off in the opposite direction. Now she knew Lil was bad news, she wanted to tell Chase, but she knew he wouldn't believe her. Not knowing what to do, she needed to clear her mind as she laid down on the couch, still not knowing if she should go to the restaurant tonight.

By the time it was evening, Chase along with Ilene and Darling's brothers had made their way to the 'Giant's Castle' where they took their seats at a large table.

"Darling still hasn't answered any of your calls?" Ilene asked Chase.

"No" he mumbled sadly "I don't think she's coming."

She gave a sad look while rubbing his shoulder.

"Hey she'll come" Aidan assured "And if she doesn't within an hour, then I'll go check on her."

He nodded in agreement just as the waiter brought them their drinks.

"Hey" Chase suddenly hear a calm voice say as he turned around to see Lil.

"Lil?" he responded a bit surprised "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see if you were okay, is Darling here?"

He gave a sad sigh "No, I don't think she's coming."

"Oh" she replied sadly while sitting in the empty seat besides him while rubbing his shoulder "I'm sorry. You know if she doesn't trust you for all of this then, maybe she's not the one."

He sighed again while rubbing his forehead.

"She needs to see how great and loyal you are, like I do."

At that moment Ilene and Darling's brothers gave each other concerned look when they noticed how touchy Lil was with Chase. But on the other side of the restaurant, Darling suddenly entered while on the phone as she began to look around for Chase.

"Yeah I'm in the restaurant now" she said into her phone "No Kim I don't need your help, I'm just going to apologize to him and hopefully everything will be fine... okay bye."

After hanging up, she continued to look when she soon spotted Chase and the others at a table, and that's when she noticed Lil sitting by Chase with her hands on his shoulder and starting at him with those eyes of hers.

"Her again?" she growled as her blood began to boil.

And after watching Chase get up to go to the restroom, she made her move as she marched towards the table with her fists clenched.