Ch.53 Apology letter

This may be the only chapter I'll post during my break. Enjoy :)

The next morning, Darling didn't bother to leave for school as she stayed in her bed, feeling depressed about her break up with Chase. She didn't care that she was missing her classes, she just didn't want to leave her house and let everyone see her. But as she continued to lay down with her thoughts, she suddenly heard her phone ring as she reached her tired arm out and picked up her phone from the nightstand and answered the call from Terrence.

"Yeah?" she mumbled.

"Hey sis" he replied calmly while leaning against the wall in a hallway "How you feeling?"

"Well I'm still in bed" she muttered.

"Are you ever gonna get out of bed?"

"Maybe just to use the bathroom. Have you seen Chase yet?"

"No" he breathed "And Aidan and I are not gonna beat him up for you."

"I wasn't even gonna tell you that" she snickered when she then sighed "Look, if you see him, tell him I'm sorry for everything."

"Will do. Although he might not come to school today, he's probably just as stressed as you are."

"Well if that's the case then forget about it."

"Okay" he sighed "Well I gotta get going, I hope you feel better soon."

"I'll be the judge of that" she muttered before hanging up.

"So how is she?" Aidan asked Terrence as he put his phone away.

"Well she's still in bed" he replied with a small sigh "So I think you know the answer."

"Poor girl" Aidan sighed sadly "Getting her heart broken by the only guy who didn't stalk her."

"And she really liked him" Terrence added in a sigh "And to think I thought they were solid."

"Well they are, it's just Lil got in the way and ruined everything."

"Where is she by the way?"

"How should I know?" he shrug "I don't even know her."

"Well wherever she is, I hope she feels awful for what she did" he frowned.

"She better" Aidan agreed "That girl hurt our sister, and I thought Ilene was a bigger bitch."

"I thought so too" Ilene suddenly showed up besides them.

"Oh" Aidan responded a bit surprised by her appearance "I uh..."

"You don't have to apologize, you're right, Lil is a bigger bitch than me, but at least I don't hurt people unless they deserve it."

"So have you seen Lil?" Terrence asked.

"Nope, hopefully we wont see her for a while, maybe even never."

"Is Chase here?"

"No" she sighed "He wanted to stay home today."

"I had a feeling" he breathed "Everyone's already talking about his breakup with Darling, they all seem to be just as devastated as they are."

"Yeah well so am I" she agreed sadly "I always thought they were meant for each other."

"Agree" Aidan nodded "Everyone's also talking about Darling's cat fight with Lil and how even though it was wrong, Lil deserved it."

"Oh that is so true" Ilene gave a side smirk "I mean I would of been glad to do to the dirty work, but watching someone else do it is more entertaining."

They all snickered.

"Hey uh-" Terrence suddenly spoke to Ilene "Any chance we can call Chase, Darling wanted us to give him a message."

"Well that depends-" she began to say.

"No it's not a threat" he assured.

"Alright" she sighed as she pulled out her phone and began to call Chase.

Meanwhile, back at his house, Chase laid down on the couch with his thoughts running through his head about Darling. Just like her, he didn't care about missing school that day, he just didn't want anyone to see his sorrow. But his thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing as he gave a small groan before reaching over to the coffee table as he picked up his phone and answered the call from Ilene.

"Yeah?" he mumbled.

"You haven't moved have you?" she asked while her hand on her hip.

"Nope" he sighed.

"You poor thing" she sighed back "Look I know you don't want to be bothered, but Terrence was wondering if he could talk to you for a moment, and no he's not going to threat you."

He gave a deep sigh "Alright."

She handed her phone to Terrence.

"Hey Chase" he said into the phone "How you feeling?"

"It feels like I had to rip my own heart out of my chest and threw it away" Chase replied dully.

"Right..." Terrence bit his lip "Sorry I asked. But look, Darling wanted me to tell you that she's really sorry about everything, although for the record it was Lil's fault."

"I know, I had a talk with her last night, she's not my friend anymore."

"Oh" he replied a bit sadly "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I had the right to know the truth."

"Well then, do you know what happened to her?"

"No idea, she hasn't tried to talk to me today so I'm guessing she's keeping her distance."

"Oh. Well uh, that's good I guess. Anyway, I just wanted to say that Darling's really sorry, so sorry that she didn't come to school today either."

"I thought so" Chase sighed.

"Will you forgive her?"

"I'll consider it. But until then, I just wanna be alone."

"I understand" Terrence assured as they hung up as he handed Ilene back her phone.

"So what did he say?" Aidan questioned.

"He'll consider forgiving Darling" he replied in a small sigh "Whenever that will be. And until that happens, I suggest we just leave them alone."

________

Back in her house, Darling still hadn't gotten out of bed as she went through her photos on her phone of her with Chase. Some were casual pics, some were silly ones, but the romantic ones were that nearly brought her to tears. But all of a sudden she heard the doorbell ring as she groaned while getting out of bed, not wanting to have to deal with anyone.

But when she went downstairs and opened the door, she saw no one, that is until she spotted a folded piece of paper with her name on the welcome mat as she picked it up and unfolded it and read what it said.

Darling,

I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about everything, I know this was all my fault. I just got so jealous that you were with Chase and I just missed having him, because let's be real, he's great. But because of me, things aren't so great now, so I've decided to leave Storybrooke. Turns out I'm able to leave to nearby towns with the right kind of magic to do so, so don't worry, you'll never have to see me again.

- Lil