Ch.49 Backstabber

The next day, while waiting for her boyfriend in front of the diner, Darling couldn't stop thinking about Chase's old relationship with Lil, and the way Lil was touchy around him made it appear that she may want to be more than friends with him again.

"You seem to be in a deep thought mood" Ilene walked up to her with a little smirk on her face.

At that point she gave a sigh "Ilene, tell me everything you know about Lil."

"I thought you'd never ask" Ilene grinned while taking a seat in front of her "Well, I don't really know much because she spent most of her time with Chase, but I do know that she's very cautious, she's not as adventurous like you are, and she doesn't like to get her hands dirty."

"Sounds like typical princess."

"She is, which is why you're better for Chase, so don't worry, you wont lose him."

But at that moment Darling spotted something behind Ilene that made her eyes widen. Chase was talking to Lil on the other side of the street, and when she touched his arm in a flirty way like she did before, Darling could feel her jealously rise while clenching her fists.

"What?" Ilene asked as she turned around and saw what was happening "Oh my God. But look at Chase, he doesn't seem very interested in her, I'm telling you, he's not into her anymore, and in case you forgot, he dumped her ass."

"Yeah but she doesn't seem to be just friends with him" Darling put in with a frown.

"You wanna use your new slingshot on her?"

"I can't" she sighed "I wouldn't hurt anyone because I don't like them."

"I can do it for you if you want."

"No."

"Fine" she groaned "Just saying, I never liked her either, she was like a goody two shoes, and it made me sick just being around her. And by the way, this is probably just my own opinion, but I don't think she's who she says she is."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she appears all nice and all, but I think she's faking it. I think that underneath that nice face, is a black soul."

Darling raised her eyebrows with interest.

"Now I don't know if that's true or not" Ilene put in "But it's what I think."

At that moment Chase and Lil had walked up to their table as they stopped talking and acted casual.

"Hey girls" Chase greeted with a smile.

"Hey bro" Ilene smiled back when she turned to Lil and gave a fake smile "Oh hi Lil."

"Hi Lizzie" Lil smiled with a wave "You look... the same I guess?"

"Um, thanks?"

"Hi Darling" Lil waved to Darling.

"Hey" Darling waved back with a fake smile "So uh, what were you two talking about back there?"

"Oh we were just discussing where we could hang out" Chase replied "And we were wondering if you would like to join us?"

"Really?" Darling responded a bit surprised "But I thought it was just a you two thing?"

"Well we don't want you to feel left out" Lil stated "So what do you say? You wanna join us?"

"Oh um..." she began to think as she turned to Ilene who just shrugged "I guess so, where?"

"Well we were thinking the 'Sweet Tooth' bakery."

"That sounds fun" she gave a small smile while getting up "I'm in."

Before they left, Ilene gave Darling one last look before they headed off. And as they walked down the sidewalk, Darling kept a firm grip of Chase's hand while also keeping watch of Lil who was walking on the other side of him.

"It's such a cute town this is" Lil suddenly spoke "I wish I can stay longer and explore it."

"Well you don't really have a choice" Chase replied "You're pretty much stuck here."

"What?"

"We're all stuck in this town, and we're still trying to find a way to get back to Ever After."

"So I'm stuck here too?" she gasped.

"Until we can find a way to get the Enchanted door to open again to Ever After."

"Wow" she breathed surprised "I guess I wouldn't mind staying here, you wouldn't mind having me around would you?"

"Not at all."

"Yeah sure" Darling responded with a fake smile when they soon arrived at the bakery and took their seats at a table outside.

"Alright I'll get all of us a little treat" Chase announced "And until then why don't you too get to know each other?"

Darling was about to speak, but he had already gone into the bakery.

"You know I was really hoping you'd join us" Lil said to her with a small smile "I didn't want you think that there was anything going on between me and Chase, we're just friends I swear."

Not knowing whether to believe her or not, Darling just returned the smile while looking down.

"Look" Lil sighed "I know this is a big surprise to you, seeing the ex girlfriend of your boyfriend, but I want you to know that I'm not trying to take Chase away from you I promise. He's a great guy, and you're really lucky to have him."

She then held her hands out to her "Can we try to be friends?"

Seeing the look in her eyes made Darling wonder if she had been wrong about Lil, and seeing her lips curl into a small smile just made her reach out and took her hand.

"Of course" she replied with a small smile "Any friend of Chase is a friend of mine."

They both smiled just as Chase came out with a plate of 3 doughnuts.

"I'm guessing you two are bonding?" he questioned while sitting down.

"We are" Lil smiled "She's really lucky to have you."

"Darling!" everyone turned to see Ilene at the end of the sidewalk waving a purse in the air "You forgot your purse at the diner!"

"Oh my God I totally forgot about that" Darling remarked surprised as she got up and went to retrieve her purse.

"Hey can you get me some napkins?" Lil asked Chase.

"Yeah sure" he replied while getting up as she got up as well.

And as she looked at Darling who was about to head back, she leaned forward as if she had tripped and fell into Chase's arm as her lips landed on his just as Darling had turned around and witness the small peck. She couldn't believe what she just witness as Lil had gotten off of Chase as he turned around to see his girlfriend standing there on the verge of crying.

"Darling" he gasped "It's not what it looks like."

But feeling the anger rush through her, her eyes had watered as she took off running.

"Darling!" Chase called out, but she was already gone.