Ch.43 True wolf

And yet another drawing by the awesome HubbyBubby14 of Rachel, more to come

With the black wolf still at her heels, Kayla ran as fast as she could with her wolf speed as she zoomed through the woods dodging trees and bushes. Having no idea why this wolf was running after her, she just did her best to avoid it when she suddenly fell forward and began to tumble down a hill until she finally stopped in an opened area. And when she looked up, the wolf had slowly began to make its way towards her while growing with its teeth showing.

Knowing she had to unleash her inner wolf, Kayla began to growl back while digging her nails into the earth as she felt her eyes turn yellow. But even with her wolf side, she knew she didn't stand a chance against this massive wolf, it'd rip her to shreds. But with no one around to help, she was pretty much on her own.

"Okay" she breathed while holding her hand up to the beast as she slowly began to get up and back away "Okay. I don't want any trouble."

But at that moment the wolf tried to bite her hand as she quickly pulled it back and stepped away with shock.

"Well clearly you do want trouble" she remarked in fear.

She then watched as the wolf got ready to pounce on her as she shielded her face with her arms, but as she waited for the attack, she instead heard another growl as she looked to see a grey wolf slamming into the black one as they began to struggle against each other consisting of bites and scratches. Already knowing who the grey wolf was, Kayla stepped back and watched as the two wolves fought against each other. But all of a sudden an arrow was shot into the black's wolf shoulder as it cried out in pain as the grey wolf backed away before turning back into Ramona.

Kayla then turned to see that Scott had fired the arrow with his bow as Channing stood by him.

"What's he doing here?" she demanded while pointing to Channing.

"We'll explain later" Ramona assured as she turned to the black wolf "But until then, let's see who this beast is."

With the arrow still in its back and laying down in pain, everyone watched as its body began to shrivel before turning into its human form, and who they saw sent shock through their body as the person forced himself to stand up with still feeling the pain of the arrow in his shoulder as he faced them with blood on his lip.

"Holy mother of God" Kayla gasped.

"Randall?!" Ramona exclaimed in shock.

Everyone couldn't believe their eyes as they stared at the human who was the killer black wolf who clutched his wounded shoulder.

"It was you?!" Channing exclaimed to his brother "But- but- you've been a werewolf this whole time?!"

"I prefer the term shapeshifter" Randall corrected a bit weakly from the pain.

"So it was you all a long" Ramona remarked still shocked "You killed Clarissa, you ripped her to shreds. Did you even remember doing it?"

"Of course I do" he scowled "Unlike you, I actually remember everything. I even remembered how good that bitch tasted."

At that moment Channing felt his blood boil as he tried to attack Randall with all his anger, but Scott held him back.

"You asshole!" he screamed "You killed her! Do you have any idea how much you ruined me?!"

"To be honest I didn't realize it was her" Randall admitted "I attacked her from behind. But when I saw how everyone suspected Ramona, I didn't realize how much trouble I would cause, and boy was it fun to watch."

At that point Ramona sent a hard kick to his stomach as he fell back while feeling the arrow break out from his shoulder as he cried in pain while clutching his bloody wound.

"You had everyone think I was a killer" she scowled while clutching her fists.

"Although to be fair-" he replied "I was really aiming to put the blame on your sister."

"What?" Kayla's eyes widen.

"Like I said before, she never belonged in the hollows" he frowned "She was neither a Hood or a Wolf, she didn't belong with us. If anything she would of better off in the woods by herself, only to be shot down by a hunter. Oh wait, would you look at that."

He pointed to Scott "There's the hunter" he pointed to Kayla "And there's the hunted."

Ramona gave a growl before sending a kick into Randall's side as he cried in pain.

"Ramona that's enough" Kayla ordered "You don't wanna kill him."

"Oo there's a shocker" Randall chuckled as he turned to Ramona "You always thought you were a killer, especially since you've been going into these suddenly fits that drive you crazy and you don't even remember what you do."

"How do you know about that?" she demanded.

"Oh bitch I've known about it since you turned 16" he sneered "It happens to all of us, whenever you get depressed about your story, that pain takes over you, you turn crazy, you become savage, and you do things you never thought you would do."

"Did you go through them?"

"Oh no" he snickered "Not only am I too old for those, but I only became a wolf a couple of years ago."

"And how exactly did that happen?"

"That is none of your business. But I do have a message for you, tonight is the full moon, and that's when the real savageness kicks in."

"What do you mean?"

"Tonight is a very special night that only happens once every 30 years, eventually, our kind will turn savage for the whole night, doing what wolves do best- hunt and kill, and neither of us will remember what we did."

Ramona could feel goosebumps covering her skin as her heart pound in fear, her worst fear may be coming true.

"Anyway" Randall smirked as he got up as if he wasn't in pain anymore.

"Wait how are you not in pain?" Scott asked confused.

"You'd have to fire a silver at me in order to kill me huntsman, which you didn't."

And with that he took off.

"You're just gonna let him go?!" Scott exclaimed.

But Ramona just stood there, too paralyzed to move by what Randall had told her. Tonight her worst fears may be coming true.