Ch.57 Charming fairy

Happy Valentine's Day everyone <3

(Flashback) After their little stroll down the river, Nina and Thomas made their way back to shore with the help of the stick Thomas kept a hold of as they got off the lily pad and climbed back onto land.

"Do you really have to go now?" Nina asked with a little pout.

"Unfortunately yes" he sighed "I have to help my dad with some stuff, maybe we can see each other tomorrow."

"Alright" she sighed back as she gave a small smile "See you then."

"Hey uh, word of advise, don't plant any of the flowers near your roommate's side of the room."

"Oh I know" she smirked.

After going their separate ways, Nina decided to take a quick stroll through the woods and admire the beauty around her. She admired his tall the grass grew above her along with the wildflowers that blossomed towards the sky. But as she was walking, she suddenly felt the ground beneath her gave away as she tumbled down a steep hole and landed face first into the piles of dirt and leaves. A bit dazed by the fall, she forced herself up while brushing the dirt off herself and she looked up and saw how high she was down.

It wasn't that high as she was able to reach the edge with her fingertips. But as she tried to climb up, she found that it was nearly impossible.

"Oh great" she grunted as she began to call out "Hello?!"

No answer "Help! Can anyone hear me?!"

But just when she thought no one was coming, she suddenly heard a voice from above as she looked up to see a young attractive guy who was knelling above the hole and looking down on her.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a worried look.

But as soon as she saw her, her heart started to thump with a warm feeling as her face began to warn up. Just when she thought she thought she didn't have time for dating, she began to question herself once she saw him.

"I uh-" she began to mutter while trying to find the right words "Yeah I'm fine, I'm just a little stuck."

He gave a small chuckle as he reached his hand down "Well grab on, I'll pull you up."

She froze a bit to admire his offering along with his biceps that caught her eye. But not wanting to stay in the hole any longer, she grabbed onto his hand and wrist with both hands as he used his strength to life her up and out of the hole.

"Thanks" she breathed in relief.

"Don't mention it" he smiled that sent soothing chills down her spine as she smiled back.

But as she continued to admire him, she soon noticed a pair of transparent wings growing out of his back.

"Oh" she remarked surprised "You're a fairy."

"Yes I am" he replied with his charming smile "And judging by the fact that you're wingless I'm guessing you're not?"

"No" she shook her head "I'm just a human who can shrink her size."

"Oh really?" he tilted his head "What's your name?"

"Nina Thumbell."

"Daughter of Thumbelina I suppose?"

"Correct" she smiled "And who might you be?"

"I'm Kellen."

"Well Kellen" she smiled "Thank you again."

"No problem."

They both continued to smile at each other as they got themselves up.

"Do you want me to walk to home?" he offered.

"You can walk me out of this forest" she put in.

"Okay then. But just so you know, I can be a bit of a chatterbox."

"So can I" she giggled as he gave a small chuckle.

"Well Miss Chatterbox" he grinned as he held his arm out towards the direction they were going on "After you."

She gave a small smirk as they began their way down the trail.

Now sitting at a table in front of the 'Sweet Tooth' bakery, Jenna and Thomas both took bites out of their muffins as Thomas began the conversation.

"So let me get this straight" he began as he swallowed the muffin "Everyone who was cursed into this town all have cursed names?"

"Pretty much" she shrugged.

"And yours is Jenna?"

"Yep."

"Then how come you guys keep calling each other by your cursed names?"

"Well it mainly has to do with the fact that we've all gotten used to it. But don't get me wrong, there are others who call us by our real names, but once again we've become used to our cursed names that we just went with it."

"Huh" he tilted his head "That's both weird and interesting at the same time."

"Yeah it's pretty complicated."

"And yet you all got your memories back but you all are still stuck here."

"Yeah" she sighed "Apparently this curse is more powerful than we thought. We've all gotten used to this town that we're starting to forget to wonder if we'll ever go back to Ever After."

"Have you guys found a way yet?"

"We're getting there, I just don't know how long until it actually happens, for all I know it may take months, maybe even years."

"Damn" he breathed disappointed "That sucks."

"You have no idea" she sighed just as her phone rang "Oh excuse me."

She picked up her phone and answered it.

"Jenna" she heard Elena say "This is gonna sound crazy but there's another new guy here who says he's your friend and he wants to see you."

"Really?" she gasped "Who?"

There was a pause "He says he wants to surprise you. And I'm not gonna lie, but he's supper hot."

She heard a faint chuckle in the back as she gave a small giggle.

"Alright send him over to the bakery" she offered as she hung up.

"What's going on?" Thomas asked.

"Apparently there's someone here who's looking for me" she explained still surprised "First it's you and now someone else, how crazy right?"

"Who is it?"

But right before she could reply, they suddenly saw Elena's car driving up to them as she parked her car and got out along with a familiar handsome face.

"Oh my God" Jenna gasped at the person "Kellen?!"

"Surprise" he smiled while spreading his arms out as she got out from her seat and ran up to him and into a hug.

But at that moment Thomas suddenly felt a pit in his stomach. He thought he was imagining things, but it was real. For some reason when he saw Jenna hugging the other guy, he didn't like it, and he had no idea why.