Epilogue

As soon as Brooke made it home, knowing that Delilah wasn't there, she slumped down on her couch and gave a loud stressful moan. Her head was aching with thoughts screaming at her saying that she should of just told Elena and Olivia everything, but on the other she wasn't ready for them to know it yet.

"I know that this must be hard for you" she looked up to see Destiny sitting on the arm rest of the couch in front of her "You want to tell them but at the same time you don't feel ready."

"I know they're worried about me" Brooke mumbled "But I'm more worried about them."

"You want to do everything you can to prevent this apocalypse from happening, I get that, but you know that the only way to prevent that from happening in to find the last two items and break this curse."

"Well it'd be easier if I knew how to get those last two items, and I know that the Key of Great Power is going to be impossible to get cause Lydia has it."

"That's not entirely true."

Brooke raised her head "What do you mean?"

Destiny held her hand up to reveal a golden rustic key hanging from her finger tips.

"What?" Brooke gasped as she sprang up to get a closer look "You've had it this whole time?!"

"I've had it for a while, just like the Dark One's Dagger, I've been keeping it safe. And I'll keep doing so until you find the Golden Gorilla."

"But uh, where exactly are suppose to find that?"

"I will talk to Elena and Olivia about it soon. In the meantime, I will keep the key safe from Lydia."

"Well that's great but, how much time do we have until the Sand Clock runs out?"

"I'm afraid time is running faster than we thought" she replied sadly "I do not know exactly when it will run out, but I will give you all a way to find the Golden Gorilla, and I will do everything I can to keep the clock running."

"Thanks Destiny" Brooke thanked in a mumble "I don't know what we would do without you."

Destiny gave a small smile as she replied "I must go now, if you need anything you know I'll help."

"I know" Brooke assured in a smile as Destiny disappeared.

After that, Brooke took a deep breath before getting up from the couch and headed to a door that led to a staircase that led to the basement. There she pulled out a key from her key chains and used a key to unlock the door as she began down the stairs and into the dark basement where she flipped on a switch turning on a light bulb that gave off a faint glow.

With the bulb as her only light, Brooke headed to an empty wall near a dusty shelf where she knelled down near the wooden sections of the wall that ran along the bottom as she began to pry off a piece of the wood. Once she had done so, she set the wood piece to the side as she stared at the secret compartment in front of her, there she reached in and pulled out a bunch of old papers that were stacked and sewed together with wax thread. The papers were so old that they were practically brown, and after wiping the dust off, she read the watery text on the front page.

Shadow High

Well that's the end of this book. Now I want to say that the next book is going to be the second to last of this series. I can't believe how far we've come since my first book of this series, I'm already starting to feel sad. Now if you haven't read 'The Legend of Shadow High' by Shannon and Dean Hale, I recommend you do so in order to understand the next book. If you haven't then prepare for a bunch of spoilers. I can't wait for you guys to read the next book, I can already say that it's going to be the most dramatic book yet. Anyway, stay tuned for book 13 coming soon.

The End is just the beginning...