Ch.45 Cry wolf

My favorite drawing by HubbyBubby14 of Julie, this drawing is so beautiful, and I love the bird she added

My favorite drawing by HubbyBubby14 of Julie, this drawing is so beautiful, and I love the bird she added. So perfect, well done girl :)

As soon as it was twilight, Ramona followed Lauren to the back room where she used her keys to open the cabinet.

"In you go" she offered as Ramona stepped inside.

"Here" she pulled out her phone and handed it to Lauren "I don't want any contact unless it's an emergency, so keep it near you in case Kayla or anyone else calls."

"Sure thing" Lauren promised as she took the phone "You ready?"

Ramona took a deep breath "Lock me in."

Lauren shut the door and used her keys to lock it.

"If you need anything just call me" she put in.

"Okay" Ramona replied as Lauren left the room.

Now alone, Ramona took another deep breath while taking a seat on the floor, knowing that pretty soon once the full moon is out, she'll have no control of herself.

_________

As time passed, it was soon nighttime and the full moon was out in the sky.

"You think Ramona's turning right now?" Channing asked as everyone stood outside Scott's house while looking  up at the moon.

"Could be" Kayla shrugged "Should I call Lauren?"

"Go ahead" Scott replied "Although if she didn't pick up, I really hope that doesn't mean she's dead."

Kayla gave a small sigh before calling Lauren. And in the diner, Lauren sat at the counter on her phone when it started to ring.

"Hey Kayla" she answered.

"Oh good you're still alive" Kayla breathed in relief "I'm just calling to see how everything's going?"

"Well it's been pretty quiet, I haven't heard any growling or poundings."

"Really?" Kayla raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah I was thinking she would of turned by now, but I don't hear anything."

"Well can you go check? And be careful."

After hanging up, Lauren went into the back room and to the cabinet that was still closed as she gave a knock.

"Ramona" she called, no answer.

She knocked again and called out her name, still no answer. Wondering what was going on, she tested the door handle and found that it was still locked. And when she unlocked it, she slowly opened the door, inspecting to see Ramona in her wolf form sound asleep, but instead she saw Ramona still human, and sound asleep.