Ch.2 Shaking door

The morning after yesterday's event with the people from the land of Oz, everything appeared to be back to normal as all the students headed to their school at Storybrooke High. One of the students named Elena Jensen, also known as Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen still had her black eye from a recent and violent fight with an enemy a couples days ago. But she didn't mind as she and her roommate and best friend Olivia Morgan, also known as Apple White, daughter of Snow White stepped out from her car in front of the school.

"So when is that black eye gonna heal?" she asked Elena as they headed to the front doors.

"In 2 weeks at least" Elena replied as she pulled out a pair of sunglasses from her purse and slid them on "And don't worry, I'll keep wearing my shades outside. Even when it's not sunny."

"And you're not gonna wear anything inside?"

"I don't really have anything. Well except for the eye patch but I don't have it at the moment. And besides, it feels weird having to look with one eye."

As they continued to walk, they soon spotted their friend Brooke sitting on the steps of the school with her phone in her hand and a stressed out look on her face.

"Hey Brooke" they greeted.

"You feeling okay?" Olivia asked.

"I'm fine" she assured, but they knew she wasn't.

"No you're not" Elena corrected "Whenever someone says they're fine they really aren't."

"I'm sorry" Brooke sighed "A lot has been going on lately, and I really don't wanna talk about it."

"Well, alright" Olivia replied "Well if you need anything don't be able to tell us."

"I know" she nodded a she suddenly got a text on her phone "I gotta go, can you guys tell the teachers that I'm here, I'm gonna be a bit late today."

"Where are you going?" Elena asked.

"I have to go meet up with Danny at Lakeside Mansion, apparently something's wrong with the Enchanted Door."

"Oh no" her eyes widen "I hope it's not too bad."

"That's what I'm gonna find out, I'll be back later."

And with that she took off.

"What do you think is going on?" Olivia questioned.

"Whatever it is, I hope it's not something to worry about."

_________

After parking her car in front of Lakeside Mansion, Brooke got out from her car and headed to the front where she stepped inside.

"Danny!" she called out to her boyfriend who was also Merlin's apprentice.

"In here!" he called back as she found him in the room that had an Enchanted Door with a wall connected to.

"So what's going on that you had to make me come from school and most likely miss my first period class?" she asked.

"Yeah sorry about that" he apologized "But it's really important. Earlier the door was shaken."

"Shaking?"

"Like someone or something was trying to get in, and soon it got louder like there was more of them. I didn't want to open it because I was afraid it could of been something evil."

"Well um, it's not doing it now."

"It happens every once in a while-".

At that moment, just like he explain, the door knob began to shake, and soon the whole door followed.

"Whoa" Brooke's eyes widen while taking a step back "That doesn't look like a good sign."

"I've been trying to find out what it was, but no luck. And that's why I need your help."

But before he could explain, there was a pounding that made them jump, and soon more poundings were heard as the door continued to shake as if it was on the edge of bursting.

"Should I get Mira?" Brooke asked with her eyes still widen.

"Go ahead. And while you're at it, also get Delilah and bring me Francis's Revealer Rays, they should help us see what's behind the door without actually opening it."

"I'm on it."

At that point the shaking stopped, and not a sound was heard.

"Okay this is getting creepy" she remarked as she started to head out.

"Hey one more thing" he added as she stopped "Any news from Destiny?"

She sighed with a sad look "Yeah, she said that the Sand Clock just started."

"What?" he gasped "Already?"

"I'm afraid so" she stated nervously "We have got to find the rest of the items to break the curse, if we don't succeed by the time the Sand Clock runs out, Lydia will gain her power again, and the apocalypse will start."

"Oh jeez" he breathed in shock "What other items are there?"

"I don't know, Elena and Olivia have Destiny's diary with the list, I'll check it out later."

And with that she headed out the room. After she was gone, Danny made his way up to the door and examined it carefully. He tried looking through the keyhole, but all he saw was blackness.

"What are you hiding behind there?" he wondered.

_________

Ever since the curse on Ever After High, the school and it's surroundings have been empty and quiet like a ghost town. Not a single sign of life was shown, not even the trees were green. But within the school and inside one of the tallest towers, Destiny appeared due to her magic inside the room as a white dove flew down and landed on the orb of her staff.

Now inside, she stared at the massive hourglass in front of her that contained golden sand and was already pouring down into the bottom.

The Sand Clock had recently began to pour down it's sand, meaning time had started, the time given until Lydia will gain her power. As she continued to stare at the Sand Clock with a nervous feeling in her gut, the dove gave a coo as she gently stroked it's back.

"I know" she sighed disappointed "It's starting. If they can't break the curse by the time this runs out, Lydia will have her power again, and it'll be almost impossible to stop her."

She turned back to the Sand Clock and watch with a pit in her stomach as the sand continued to fall into the bottom.

"I just hope they make it" she plead with a worried look.