Ch.38 Missing evidence

Elena drawing by HubbyBubby14

As soon as it was the afternoon the next day, Ramona hasn't gone out of her house for fear that Channing might spot her and hunt her down. It was killing her to be inside, she was always outside doing her thing whether it was running or just a simple walk, but since she had to stay inside and look outside the window from the couch, she wondered if she would ever be allowed to go back outside again.

Just then she heard her phone ring as she pulled it out and answered the call from Kayla.

"Hey" she answered in a mumbled.

"Hey sis" Kayla replied while strolling down the sidewalk "How you feeling?"

"Bored" Ramona grunted "I don't think I can stay inside any longer."

"I'm sorry, but you have to be safe."

She gave a groan "Well then, have you seen Channing yet?"

"Not yet I'm still looking."

"Well if you see him be careful, he's armed with silver arrows."

"I know."

"Although I don't think he'll kill you, it's me he wants dead."

"And I'm not gonna let that happen."

After hanging up, Kayla continued down the sidewalk while looking everywhere for Channing. But just as she thought she had no hope on finding him, she suddenly caught a familiar scent, knowing it must be him, she followed the scent to an ally between two building where she spotted Channing sitting on an upside down bucket sharpening his knife.

"You know that's not gonna help" she spoke with a frown "If you go against Ramona with that knife, she'll rip you to pieces."

"Then that way everyone will see what a monster she is" he smirked while standing up "My my, Cerise Hood, it's been a long time, and I see you don't ave your wolf ears anymore."

"Yeah but like Ramona, I can still rip you to pieces" she scowled while crossing her arms.

"Oh I know that, because everyone in your family is a monster."

At that point Kayla gripped onto his shirt collar and pinned him against the wall.

"You stay away from my family" she growled "And you better stay away from my sister, she didn't do anything, and she certainly didn't kill Clarissa."

"She didn't do anything huh?" he doubted "Well let me show you a little something. Do you mind?"

Still keeping herself prepared in case of a fight, she let him go and watched as he rolled up his coat sleeve, and she saw sent shock through her body. There on his left forearm were deep scars caused by a scratch.

"Your sister did this" he explained sternly.

"What?" she gasped.

"You don't believe me ask her, I'm not even surprised she didn't tell you."

"No" she breathed "She would never do that."

"Well she did" he scowled while pulling his sleeve down "I didn't wanna believe it at first, but she turned into a wild animal and tried to attack me."

"Wait, what do you mean she turned into a wild animal?"

"At first she seemed normal, but then she turned crazy. She started growling at me with her teeth out and her eyes yellow, I tried to calm her down but she swung her claws at me so I had to use my arm to shield my face and this happened. And then when she realized what she had done, she just took off."

Kayla couldn't believe what she was hearing "I don't understand, Ramona would never hurt anyone on purpose."

"Well she did" he frowned "Talk to her about it, I'm sure she'll confess, unless she lies of course."

And with that he walked passed her and out the ally, leaving her not knowing whether to believe him or not. Needing someone to talk to, she pulled out her phone and began to call Scott.

"Hey Scott" she said once he picked up "Hey can you meet up with me at the diner in like 5 minutes, it's important... yeah it's about Ramona, I'm getting more worried about her."

(Flashback) Now with the evidence they need to prove Ramona's innocence, everyone began to make their way back to the hollows as they strolled through the woods.

"You still got the evidence?" Cerise asked Hunter.

"Yeah I got it in my satchel" he assured.

"Okay good, cause this has to work."

"You know it's very nice of you to be helping Ramona with this, considering you two are supposed to be enemies."

"Yeah..." they both replied with fake smiles, knowing that even though everyone in their hollows knows about their family secret, everyone else must not know, not even their friends.

Once they entered the hollows, everyone turned their eyes to Ramona who looked down to avoid eye contact while feeling their looks of hatred on her.

"What is she doing here?" Randall suddenly appeared from behind as he stood in front of them "Shouldn't Miss Badwolf be somewhere else so she wont slaughter any more of us?"

"Shut up Randall" Ramona demanded "I didn't slaughter anyone, and we have proof. Hunter, show him the evidence."

Hunter reached into his satchel to pull out the evidence, but to his horror, it wasn't there anymore.

"What the hell?" he gasped while frantically searching through "It's not here."

"What?!" they gasped.

"What do you mean it's not there?!" Ramona exclaimed.

"See for yourself."

He showed her his satchel as she searched through it, and just like he said, their only piece of evidence had disappeared.

"Where is it?!" she demanded "It couldn't of just fallen out!"

"This is insane" Hunter remarked in shock "How could it just disappear like that?"

"What are you all talking about?" Randall demanded.

"We had evidence to prove Ramona's innocence" Cerise explained "Hunter found black wolf fur on Clarissa's body, and Ramona doesn't have black fur in her wolf form. We had the evidence we swear."

"Well now you don't" he frowned.

Ramona then noticed that everyone had their eyes on her again. With their only evidence gone, she felt more broken than ever.

"If you guys really think I did it" she spoke as her eyes began to water "Then go ahead and think that. But just so you know, I may be a wolf who has a taste for blood, but I am not a monster."

And with that she took off running into the woods while letting a tear drip down her face.