Ch.55 Thomas

That evening, after coming back to Storybrooke, Brooke parked her car in front of the 'Wonder diner' as she stepped out just as Elena came up to her.

"So how's Lil?" was the first thing she asked while walking up.

"I think she's gonna be fine" Brooke assured "She just needed a fresh start. But uh- how are Darling and Chase?"

"Well I don't know about Chase, but Darling still seems upset, she just needs time."

"Yeah I can't believe this actually happened" Brooke confessed "I always thought those two were strong."

"So did I" she agreed in a sigh "It's a shame, they were really cute together."

"I know" Brooke agreed in a little whine "I guess we'll just have to see what happens."

"Well until then, you wanna go in and have a drink?"

"Sure why not?" she shrugged.

But just as Elena turned around, she suddenly bumped into a young guy who appeared to be a foot shorter than her.

"Oh I'm sorry" they both apologized at the same time.

"No it's my fault" Elena assured "I didn't see you."

"Well I wasn't really looking where I was going" he put in in a slight chuckle.

Never seeing him before, the girl began to examine him, wondering who he was. And that's when Brooke noticed that the rim of his boots were coated in soil with bits of the soil near him, kind of like the ones found near the Enchanted Door.

"Excuse me" she spoke to him "Hi, I just have a quick question- did you by any chance enter this town through a magic looking door?"

"Um, yeah" he replied a bit surprised "How'd you know that?"

"Because I know everyone in this town and I've never seen you before. Plus you have soil on your boots, and bits of soil were found near the door you came out from."

"Oh."

"So uh, how are you? And why did you enter through the door?"

"Well first I wanna know where I am."

"You're in Storybrooke."

"Storybrooke?"

"We'll explain everything later, but first tell us your name."

"It's Thomas."

"Well Thomas, I'm Brooke, and this is Elena. Now uh, why did you go through the door?"

"To be honest, I don't know" he confessed "It just appeared in front of me, and I guess I was just curious so I opened it and stepped through and here I am. Do you know how I can get back home?"

"Oh uh-" she replied a bit nervously "This is gonna be hard to hear but, you can't."

"What?" he raised an eyebrow.

"It's a long story which I'd be glad to explain later, but until then I need to know, are you from Ever After High?"

"Yeah" he responded a bit amused "How do you know about that?"

"It's part of the long story. Now last question, are you looking for anyone from Ever After?"

"Well I'm not exactly looking for anyone" he stated when a thought came to him "Although, do you by any chance know someone name Nina Thumbell?"

"Nina?" Elena questioned.

"You know her?" he gave a small gasp.

"We both do, is she a friend of yours?"

"She is, but I kinda lost her during this curse that the Evil Queen cast."

"Yeah that was my mom" she put in.

"What?" his eyes widen.

"Hi, I'm Raven Queen, the Evil Queen's daughter, I don't care if you call me Raven or Elena. And you don't have to worry about my mom now, she's good now."

"What?"

"It's another long story. But before I get to that, I think we can help you find Nina."

"You can?" he gasped.

"Of course" she smiled.

"Hold on a second" Brooke spoke as she pointed to Thomas "Let me guess, your full name is Thomas Thumb II?"

"What are you some kind of mind reader?" he remarked as she gave a small laugh.

"Actually I'm a Narrator" she corrected "And an Author."

"Huh?"

"It's complicated. But now that I know you're the son of Tom Thumb, I can see why you're friends with Nina."

"Yeah that's kind of the point" he chuckled "We've been friends since we were kids."

"I'm surprised she's never mentioned you before" Elena put in "Although that could be because I don't spend that much time with her."

"Yeah back at Ever After I was home-schooled, and when Nina entered Ever After High, we were only able to see each other during weekends and breaks. And then when the curse happened and she and everyone at the school disappeared, I was worried I would never see her again."

"Well lucky for you" Brooke smiled "You can finally see her again, in fact, I think I know where she is. Come on."

"Hey Brooke" Elena spoke up "Before you go, I was wondering if maybe later you can meet up with me and Olivia and discuss about the items we need to break the curse? Mainly about this Key of Great Power, maybe you can help us find out what it is."

"Oh uh..." she replied while looking down as if she was trying to come up with an excuse "Um, maybe, I have to see."

And with that she began down the sidewalk with Thomas following her. And at that moment, Elena was beginning to concern Brooke, why did she act like she didn't want to answer her question? Needing to tell Olivia, she pulled out her phone and made the call.

"Yes?" Olivia answered.

"You were right about Brooke being fishy" Elena said.

"What happened?"

"I asked her if she could meet up with us and discuss about the items to break the curse. I even mentioned the Key of Great Power, and she looked like she didn't want to answer my question."

"Really?"

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure the excuse she told me was a lie."

"Damn" Olivia breathed "Something's up with her."

"Tell me about it" she agreed "What should we do?"

"We'll try to talk to her if we can, and if not then maybe we'll talk to either Danny or Delilah."

"Agree. I just don't understand why she's acting like that."

"Well she's gotta be hiding something, and whatever it is, we're gonna find out."