Ch.32 Free of regret

Now in the woods, Aidan and Stella continued to follow Kayla as she kept on following her nose that was tracking down Sabrina's scent.

"This way" she pointed as they followed her.

Pretty soon they came upon the tower as they stopped and gasped. The tower looked just like Rapunzel's tower that stood about 40 feet high, perhaps even taller.

"Holy crap" Kayla breathed surprised "How does this stay hidden from view?"

"Sabrina!" Stella called out.

Up in the tower, Sabrina couldn't believe her ears when she heard the sound of her sister calling as she stuck her head out the window and looked down.

"Stella?!" she gasped.

"Oh good she's alive!" Aidan exclaimed with a smile.

"You okay?!" Stella asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" she assured "But how did you guys manage to find me?!"

They pointed to Kayla.

"Oh."

"I'm guessing your hair hasn't grown out!" Aidan put in.

"Not only that, I can't even leave the tower even if I could!"

"What do you mean by that?!" Stella asked.

"Gothel cast a spell on the tower! A spell of regret, meaning that I can't leave this tower with regret in my heart!"

Stella felt a pit in her stomach after hearing that, remembering their fight.

"So if she can't leave the tower" Kayla spoke with worried look "How is she gonna get out?"

"We'll think of something" Stella assured as she reached into her purse and pulled out a hairbrush "In the meantime, Sabrina needs to grow out her hair just in case."

She then hollered out- "Sabrina! I'm gonna throw you the magic hairbrush so you can grow out your hair!"

"Okay!" Sabrina replied.

"Kayla you got strong arms right?" Stella asked while handing her the brush.

"Of course I do" Kayla smiled while taking the brush.

And after getting into position, she pulled her arm back and threw the brush as hard as she could up the tower as it flew straight threw the opened window as Sabrina stepped back to avoid getting hit.

"Nice aim!" she commented.

"Okay now what?" Aidan asked Stella "That Gothel lady may be back any time soon."

"Sabrina said that she can't leave the tower with regret in her heart" Stella explained "And obviously her heart is already filled with regret."

"Have you two tried apologizing to each other?" Kayla put in.

"Oh-" Stella replied while tilting her head "We haven't."

"You think apologizing will help Sabrina out?" Aidan asked.

"It's worth a shot" Kayla shrugged.

"Sabrina!" Stella called out.

"Yes!" Sabrina replied.

"Look I don't know if this is the right time to say this but, I'm really sorry for turning down the most important phone call of your life! It's just when that guy told me who he was and that he wanted to see you, I afraid I might lose you and that you'd have to leave Storybrooke!"

Sabrina gave a sigh "I understand! I mean I did do the same thing to you too! And I'm sorry too! You're my best friend and I can't stand losing you!"

"I know!" Stella gave a small smile "So are we good then?!"

"Well that depends! Once I get out of here you're watching 'The Notebook' with me tonight!"

"Dammit" Stella grunted under her breath when a thought came to her "Only if I get to chose what we eat!"

"Dammit" Sabrina grunted "I hope it's not hot wings."

"You know I'm talking about hot wings!" Stella shouted with a sneaky smile.

"Okay fine!" Sabrina promised as she sigh "You're watching my movie, and I'm eating your wings, we'll be even! But first you gotta help me out of here!"

"Well I was thinking that apologizing that would help! Did it?!"

Hoping it did, Sabrina reached her hand out the window, but just like before she felt a shock as she pulled her hand back.

"It didn't work!" she announced with disappointment.

"What?" Stella gasped.

"Oh man now what?" Kayla asked nervously.

"Um, Sabrina just keep growing out your hair!"

Sabrina gave a nod as she used the magic brush to brush her hair, causing it to rapidly grow out as it began to coil on the floor.

"When you're done throw it down!" Stella ordered "We're gonna climb up!"

Knowing her orders, Sabrina continued to grow out her hair as it spread out across the room. And once it was long enough, she gathered the pile into her arms and went to the window.

"Here it comes!" she announced as she threw down her long auburn hair as it reached the bottom as she placed part of her hair around a hook that was near the window to add support.

Now with a way up, Stella and the others each grabbed a hold of a thick strand as they began to climb up the tower as Sabrina kept a hold of her hair near her head. Due to her magic hair, she barely felt any pain tugging on her scalp as Stella was the first to make it to the window as she was helped in followed by the others.

Once inside, the sisters embraced each other in big satisfying hugs.

"I'm so sorry" Stella sniffed.

"Me too" Sabrina sniffed back.

Aidan and Kayla gave small smiles as they watch the sisters reunite.

"I'm surprised you all managed to make it this far" they suddenly jumped to the sound of Gothel's voice who appeared near the window.

"Oh you bitch!" Stella exclaimed with anger while pointing her finger at the witch "You'll pay for this!"

"I don't need to pay for anything, Holly is already paying the price."

"For your magic I suppose?" she frowned "Well guess what? I don't want my dream anymore, I just want you to let my sister out."

"I'm afraid that's not possible Poppy, Holly already signed the contract, and she can't leave with regret in her heart."

"You know what Gothel?" Sabrina suddenly spoke "You're right, there will always be regret in my heart, and I'm sorry for saying this but- so is yours. Your heart will always be filled with regret for not being able to save your daughter."

"Wait what?" Aidan questioned confused.

"Never speak of her again" Gothel growled at Sabrina.

"I'm sorry but- now that I think of it" Sabrina continued while slowly making her way towards the witch "My heart isn't filled with regret anymore, because it made my relationship with my sister stronger. So I can leave the tower."

Gothel stood there a bit dismayed by her remark, and soon her blood began to boil as everyone watched her dark magic began to fizz over her head.

"Nobody leaves this tower!" she bellowed while gathering her magic in her hands.

But before she could use them, Kayla suddenly ran up and shoved the witch out the window as everyone gasped while listening to the sound of Gothel's scream until it stopped. They were all frozen as Kayla peered out the window and only saw Gothel's cloak at the bottom.

"I know that may of been murder-" she spoke "But she deserved it."