KHUSHI, A WOMAN, A WIFE

Auckland

Khushi sighed wiping off the traces of her painful love story which had not stopped from the time she had boarded her flight.

This time she had not boarded the flight only but she had graved all of her wishes over there. She had left behind every fantasy, every dream, every reality. 

Two weeks, it had been two weeks for her departure from there. She is in Auckland, back to the smiling and welcoming rays of light of her life.

The kids of her NGO.

Two weeks had passed but she had not listened from any one. Not even from her father this time.

Did she commit a mistake by leaving?

Did she too repeat the mistakes of past just like Arnav did?

Has she proved herself as a coward by running away?

But, it was not in her hands.

It was the dire need of the situation.

Firstly, she could no more see him and herself juggling in between the denial and acceptance.

He had, no doubt, realised his mistakes but in no way he showed any signs of his repentance.

More so, the final blow was their almost consummation.

No, its not like he is to be blamed,it was a mutual act,  infact, if she be honest than that moment was not to loath.

Yes, she would always cherish it.

But, the way it led them their was not appropriate.

Those painful memory had clouded her mind.

She had hoped that atleast now he will take that final step, to erase, to eradicate the hindrance of their future.

But no, he did not.

Infact, he behaved like she had offended him by stopping him or rather going into the shell recalling his monstrous deed of forcing her.

Instead of saying sorry, comforting her with sweet nothings, he had gone with the flow of argument, so much so that he didn't hesitate to blackmail her with her family.

She had understood, he would never realise the need of acceptance. He would never give the name to their relationship in the society but won't let her out off his guards.

He would royally claim her as his wife personally or rather in front of the family but would never keep his position at stake by claiming their rights upon and relationship with each other.

She was extremely delighted and proud to see her husband taking a stand for hus sister's happiness. He did something going out of the box of the king as a brother.

Deep down she wished him to take such stand for their relationship as well. She had high hopes that he would now take a step for it.

But instead he kept on ignoring her. She did not want him to repent or suffer, she just wanted him to accept their marriage.

High hopes, huh, Khushi Gupta?
Her inner self had mocked her conscience and it was her take for her self-respect.

And then, a thought striked her. His acceptance would mean him dethroning, devoiding him of his power and position.

His years of hardwork, dedication and passion would be zero leaving only the painful scars. It would bring him dishonour, he would have to bow down infront of the people who would consider their marriage a mistake.