A LONG WAY TO GO

Teary eyed Khushi looked at her husband, he looked so distraughted, so shattered, his form is hurting her right at the heart.

These tears are not for anyone else but for the grief her husband is going through. She could understand the unsaid, she can estimate the feelings, her husband would be going through.

The silence prevailed was broken  the moment Akash decided to take the lead.

Instead of facing Payal, he moved towards her brother, whose features seemed cold and raged.

But how would he called a true friend if not able to grasp the inner demons of his childhood friend.

His silent smile as always made the King look at him with awe. The silent conversation going on between them was not of a king and commoner, not of Payal's brother and lover but two friends, two childhood true friends who had promised to be beside each other in every up and down. They gelled well because they shared same prefences, same nature. Man of limited words perfectly described both of them. Aman was the jovial one among the trio and did their share of talks too. He was very vocal about his love for his friends, his second family but Akash and Arnav hardly voiced it out.

The day Arnav had married Khushi, Akash had come to Arnav, he knew somewhere its not right though he too desired something same with Payal but seeing the love, the determination, the need for each other in the relationship of Khushi and Arnav, he had given his silent support.

He had asked a promise from his best friend to safeguard his Princess always and he had assured that he would always be beside Payal, which though had confused Arnav but assured and accepted both.

That day, at a tender age, the boys had committed to each other for protecting, safeguarding, respecting, caring and loving their love.

Its time they revise the verses of promises again.

Akash had seen Arnav fighting inside since the time he put forward the proposal.

Putting a comforting hand on his shoulder, he said what he felt was bound to happen, which was the truth-

It was in the fate of our love story. Nobody is to be blamed or accused.

How can I blame anyone else when my love gave me the promise of Our Love to zip my love forever?

The upliftment of the heavy burden and someone's respect. Both occurred the same time.

Yes, his words of honesty did sooth him.

Yes, his high morals did increased the bar of respect in his eyes.

He felt like imbecil to let go this gem once but not now.

Arnav demanded an answer silently by sharp looks while Akash let out a small chuckle, surprisingly.

Preparing himself for the best, he finally uttered the answer, everyone waiting with bated breath.

And regarding your not-so-brideside-like proposal, my answer is, I would love to marry your sister and shower her with all the love and respect she deserves.

Howl of joy dreaded to leave Khushi's and Lavanya's mouth. They felt so vulnerable and so happy for them.

NK could not help but admire both the men in front of him. He had so much to learn and admire from these two.

Arnav stood there still waiting for him to complete.

Yes, being the prodigy, he is, he knew Akash isn't done yet. He has something more to confess and he willingly and gladly is more than prepared to welcome his words.