THE KING AND HIS JALEBI

SHEESH MAHAL

The hall of the palace was beaming with all the decorations and lights and people and royal family of other states have gathered to witness this auspicious occasion and try their luck to have a relation with this royal family and such magnificent king..

The subjects of the state had too arrived and now all of them were eagerly waiting for the royal family to arrive along with the soon to be king

Their wait ended when Rajmata along with Princess Payal and prince Nandkishore arrived and then Yuvraj Arnav in all his glory came into picture..

Seeing him all began to chant his name as hymn while something unusual in the palace caught his attention..
He saw a girl wearing a knee length dress and such clothes are not tolerated in the palace..

The girl was facing his opposite direction and with the thought of giving her a piece of mind he headed towards that girl and when he was to reach her, he saw his friend Aman who came just now hugging that same girl with huge smile and when the girl turned to his direction for few seconds his breath struck in his throat and only one name appeared on his lips.

Khushi..

He so wanted to meet his only friends since childhood,hug them and tell how much he missed them.His Amy and His jalebi.But then he remembered what mistake they committed years ago and then gritting his teeth staring the duo he went from there.

Khushi along with Aman headed towards the chairs arranged and  Arnav headed towards the canopy in order to begin today's coronation.

The all time most concentrated person, Today, On his the most important day was totally lost and in between  performing the rituals was stealing glances towards Khushi who was lost in another world with Aman.

Anyone who would see them would claim them to be together and this very thought of them,  Being together was burning something inside him and he didn't even know the reason. They were his best friends. Then why this jealousy?

May be because what happened years ago affects him considering what he shares with Khushi.
They had great equation but the years ago incident shattered everything.

And here they are now.
Like strangers.

The girl was not even sparing a glance to him. Treating as if he didn't even exist.

Well if she isn't bothered then why would he?

Damn with this girl and her big fat ego.

Concluding all these,  He concentrated back to the ceremony and then fulfilled all the rituals.

Finally he was declared as THE KING and the whole hall squealed in joy..

After the rituals finished.. He took blessings from the almighty . then the royal priest and then his mother..

He then went to his room to change..

Meanwhile Khushi went to Rajmata who was very happy to see the girl but was not really comfortable with her dressing.. Nevertheless she didn't say anything..

Rajmata-M very happy to see you after so many years Khushi.. You have grown up into a beautiful lady

Khushi smiled at her and then she felt someone's  hands covering  her eyes from behind

She knew who the person was..

With a grin she moved hands from her eyes and turning around hugged the person..Payal..

Other smiled while both the friends had tears in their eyes..

Coming out of the hug they both asked in unison -How are you?
I missed you so much..
Did you miss me?

Then they laughed heartily

Arnav.. Khushi.. Aman and Akash had practically grown up together..
Shashi was the manager of King Amar  Singh Raizada and now he would serve the new king

The King really adored the children of his manager and had special fondness for the adorable daughter of Shashi whom they all lovingly called Jalebi

Payal -Won't you congratulate your Godzilla?

Hearing this the smile of her  face disappeared

Payal also realised the mistake she did and saw Aman who was glaring him..

She looked at Khushi and said-M sorry Khushi..I didn't mean to hurt you.. It just skipped my mind

Khushi (smiling)-That's okk Payal.. I have moved on way back and now your brother holds no importance rather he is no one to me.. As a matter of fact.. He never was..

Khushi looked at Payal getting no answer from her and saw her gulping looking something behind her back

Before she could turn she heard that husky voice which used to create goosebumps on her skin years ago and it did today too but she composed herself..

Arnav-Neither I have interest in being something in your life nor I need your wishes..

Khushi behaved as if she didn't even saw him and passed by him while Arnav stood their dumbfolded shocked by her behaviour..

Meanwhile the King of Kanpur along with his daughter Princess Lavanya reached to Rajmata who was standing with Garima..Payal and Khushi..
Rajmata liked Princess Lavanya due to her culture and education and she was on the top in the list of suitors for her elder son..King Arnav..
Rajmata introduced them to Khushi and she really liked Lavanya for her humble nature.. she was laughing and talking with her and Payal when she came to know about the marriage thing.. She knew she is nothing in comparison to Lavanya and what she desires can never be fulfilled but somehow thinking someone else in Arnav's life.. Shattered her some more.. She began suffocating.. She need to go out in order to regain her confidence.. Excusing herself she ran towards the main door when someone caught her hand and before she could resist..the person dragged her towards a dark empty corridor..

So any guesses.. Who the person is?

Any guesses about their past?

Excited?

Eager?

Aww.. I won't trouble you much sweets.. Just one or two updates and a big surprise is on its way..

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter

Silent Readers atleast you can vote for the chapter you like..

To be continued..