Chapter One

🌸Viviana POV🌸

   Working Two jobs while going to school for my bachelor's is the most frustrating, tiring thing I've ever had to do. These days, I barely have time for myself, but again, that's not new. Since when have I ever had time for myself?

When I decided to go back to school after taking a break, I thought since I'm older now, I would've been able to handle it. But, nope. I'm more tired than ever. Plus, my father is having problems with his health. The stress makes my life weight much more than I anticipated.

    After getting off the bus at my university, I checked my phone to see if my professor had emailed anything about class today. But, nothing. This ten hours of shift that I just pulled numb my legs. It's like someone has been hammering under my feet for days. I'm praying that class would've been canceled today, but nope. Nothing.

"Hey, babes, you look like a zombie. How many hours did you work today?" My best friend asked me as she handed me half of her sub.

"Ten hours!" I roll my eyes before I bite into the sub. It's amazing.

"Shit! Is someone late or something?"

"Yeah, John. This stupid guy. I can't stand him." John is my coworker. He works the shift after me. He comes to this job at whatever time fits his schedule, and nobody can tell him anything.  

    He's so lucky that I have bills and responsibilities. I only want to punch him in the face next time he comes late to work. At this point, I'm not even worried about it anymore. I've applied for dozens of jobs as a secretary or PA. I'm just praying that one of them calls me, with me almost completing my bachelor's in business. I need some natural, hands-on experiences.

"Thank God you're almost done with your degree. I'll see you later, babes." We waved to each other before I entered my classroom.

As I entered the class and began to go to the back seat, my professor canceled class after telling us we had our exam next week. And out of nowhere, my heart begins to dance with joy. God, I can't wait to get home and sleep the rest of the day off before work tonight. It's decided I'm not going to cook when I get home. I will buy my dad something to eat, and I'll eat something at work later.

After locking the door behind me, I place the tacos I purchased for my dad on the table.

"Pam, daddy." I open the door to his bedroom and see him sleeping. Next to him is a picture of my parents together, and my heart twists in agony.

I take the frame of photos and place it back on the nightstand next to his bed. I hate leaving him alone because all he thinks about is my mother.

It's more than a decade ago that my mother had been killed in a car accident, and my dad had never been remarried or even dated. He always said that my mother was the love of his life and he would never find anyone like her. I'm glad that he loves my mom so much. But I still want him to meet someone. But then again, he hates going out. So, I don't even know how he'll meet a woman.

After fixing his food and placing it on the table, I sleep in my bedroom.

  As The glorious sunset provokes my sleepy eyes to unlock, I fight the sleep off my eyes to see the clock, which informs me it's almost time for work. I get up so I can pick something nice to wear.